May 20th or 27th - NY/CT/MA Ride

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So, I'm thinking of another day ride to explore CT/NY and possibly MA. Not sure about the route yet, but would like to explore NY route 44 and hit that CT Route 7 stretch between New Milford and Kent that was so popular last time. I am thinking May 20th or 27th - I figure, more people may be able to join as we plan this one month ahead. Who's in? Suggestions and thoughts on route?

UPDATE: Here is the proposed map

UPDATE: DATE: 27th

UPDATE: Starting time 8:30 am

Last edited:
Can't make it on either day. Teaching weekend of 20th and an all-day party on 27th (it's Memorial Day weekend).

Have a great time and take pics and movies! :thumbup:

damn.. you beat me to it!:spank: i was gunna set up a ride to bear mtn w fb400... but im down where ever you wanna ride to. both dates are good for me!

Cant do May 20th as Ill be away that weekend, but the following weekend I should be around. I wil keep an eye on this thread..

I can't do 20th either... If nothing vital comes up on the 27th, I'd def make the trip again from NYC. Smersh is an excellent leader :rockon:

I think the holiday weekend would be out. I am open for May 19th or 20th weekend although I have to check w my wife if anything going on.

Looks like majority can do the 27th, so let's shoot for that date. I haven't looked into route yet, but will do that this weekend.

So here is a rough outline of what I'm thinking. It's pretty ambitious (4 hours if we go non-stop), so let me know your thoughts. Thinking of starting in Nyack, going up the 9W with a detour through the Storm King (I didnt get to go there last August and I just love that point over Hudson), going all the way up to Poughkeepsie, cross over to CT via route 44 and then down via the Route 7, including the Kent-New Milford stretch, and then heading to CT37, NY301, back to Hudson river, down the 9D to Croton-on-Hudson.

I'm hoping it should have a decent balance of straights (9W), high speed curves (route 7) and some curves (301 and backroads)

Here is the map

damn man u took all my spots....:spank:

this is my usually ride...

heres my map

u gotta hit up rt 106 it is VERY TWISTY i ride this at least 2x a month...i was actually there today road conditions are pretty good...unfortunately Tiorati Brook Rd is closed for the year i think so take that out:(

im actually gunna ride that whole map on thursday if anyone wants to come im gunna start a thread:thumbup:

damn man u took all my spots....:spank:

this is my usually ride...

heres my map

u gotta hit up rt 106 it is VERY TWISTY i ride this at least 2x a month...i was actually there today road conditions are pretty good...unfortunately Tiorati Brook Rd is closed for the year i think so take that out:(

im actually gunna ride that whole map on thursday if anyone wants to come im gunna start a thread:thumbup:

Almost too good to pass up a preview thurs, but work beckons (unless I make up a dentist's appointment :rolleyes:). I'm in for the 27th, though it seems very um... aggressive of a map :).

Hope that 27th is as great as 20th, what a nice day we had yesterday.

So, if this ride still going, can someone tell me where to meet and the time?

Thanks

Sorry guys, I disappeared for a while. I'm looking at the weather, and it looks like there may be a chance of T-storms. I'm still game thought. How about staring around 9 in Nyack?

cool sounds good...u should definitely include rt 106 into your route...you'll have a blast

Back