Looking for an inexpensive top rack

special_k_828

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey fellow FZers.

First post here. I just bought a used 2007 Yamaha FZ6 coming from a CBR 600. I am enjoying the bike so far (except for the clunky transmission...holy!) and the reading/researching I am doing on this forum. I am probably not the first to say this but I appreciate the level of maturity, community and helpfulness this forum seems to have. Coming from the "sportbike" side of things it is a welcome change. :rolleyes:

I am looking to add a top rack and case to the bike. I commute with the bike mainly and although my icon tank bag does the job, it is making a mess of the paint on the tank (especially since I take it on/off the bike many times a day). I think a more permanent solution like a top case would be better. Problem is, I don't have any money to blow on a full givi setup. I need inexpensive! I've been waiting for a used one to pop up here in Toronto but they don't come often and as a result, still pretty pricey.

Is there another model of top rack that is compatible with the FZ6 (e.g., FZ6R?) so it might broaden my search?

Is there a cheaper brand I am missing besides the usual Givi, Shad, SW Motech, etc?

Thanks in advance. :rockon:

mikesova

Reaction score
Visit site
if you prefer using a tank bag, just get an SW motech quick lock tank bag. It has a locking ring that bolts to the gas tank. Then you can quickly remove it and replace it and it doesn't touch the paint.

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
if you prefer using a tank bag, just get an SW motech quick lock tank bag. It has a locking ring that bolts to the gas tank. Then you can quickly remove it and replace it and it doesn't touch the paint.

Givi also have such tank bags :)
Very nice quality, rather large and 1-qlick locking :D

Grtz,

Degake

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk HD

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Givi tank bag for 2 years now and it is expandable and really well made.

Mine isn't expandable, but it's big enough for my needs when I'm on a short trip :D

Grtz,

Degake

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk HD

seacliff

Reaction score
Visit site
I`ve been looking around for one myself as well.

I`ve been considering Shad for some time now. They now make the new BMW stock casing, so I expect them to be as good and they`re about half the price as Givi`s.

FizzySix

Drunken Philosopher
Reaction score
Visit site
Subscribed. I'm about to pull the trigger on a shad SH46 myself. Based on searching here Shad seems to be the best value overall.

Pics or advice otherwise would be welcome! :thumbup: