Looking for '07 Cowling/Fairing Stay

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
After 5 years of riding over bumps, potholes etc my cowling/fairing stay finally split clean in two pieces where it's bolted to the frame and I've also lost the bottom bolt and washer.
I gerry rig it with a rope and wire to hold it in place and keep it from flopping and falling off all over the place.
I now have two choices to make:
1. Replace the Cowling Stay 1, bolt and washer or
2. Go naked :thumbup:
As much as I like the look of going naked, I do alot of year round riding and having the fairing serves that purpose best.
So I'm reaching out to anyone who has "gone naked" and have no need to go back to fairing and is willing to sell me your cowling stay 1.
I've attached a picture of my damage cowling stay 1 to give you an idea of what I'm looking for.
Please PM me if you wish to part with your cowling stay 1 and if you also have the bolts/washers that came with it and will talk.
Appreciate the help.

I already went to my local Yamaha dealership and their asking for an arm for it, figured someone has one that they no longer need. Also it would be great if your local to Central Jersey or withing reasonable riding distance.
Thanks in advance.

Ares

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm also willing to make a trade, I have a brand new, never installed crankcase cover for the '07 FZ6.

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
180 $ on bike bandit why dont you just weld it take it to the local exhaust shop doesnt have to look pretty just work right ?

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks. I thought of doing just that (welding), but will that give me relatively acceptable results from the abuse it'll have to take all over again? :confused:
Dealership is asking for $215 for the stay, bolt and washer and that's not installed. :(
Figured plenty of guys did the naked conversion and no longer need their cowling stay.
I'll look for a local welder this week and inquire if it can be rewelded and how much. If the cost is the same, I'd rather have a new or slightly used one.

Ares

Ben_H

Reaction score
Visit site
If you stop by my shop I can weld it for you. I also have one that was bent slightly and I bent it back you can't tell when it's on the bike. You can have it for free.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you stop by my shop I can weld it for you. I also have one that was bent slightly and I bent it back you can't tell when it's on the bike. You can have it for free.

I LOVE this Forum...Reps to you Ben when I can give them again!

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmmm.... Dunellen, it's been years since I've passed through there..... a girl back in college, hahaha. Anyway, if I can leave work early tomorrow I'll try to stop by around 1-2pm. What's your shop# so that I may call before I leave.

Ben_H

Reaction score
Visit site
I will give you the bracket that's just easyer. My shop is in dunellen I live in keyport. As for going naked I prefer it over faired less wind turbulence under 100mph. If you want to see how it feels just remove your windshield and take ride on the highway.
My shop # is 7329685002 ask for Ben