turn signals LED

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,
Can we use front OEM turn signal kit to the rear? Will they work as DRL right away or extra wiring/tapping/connections needed? Will I confuse the driver behind me or is that fine?

Did anyone of you guys have this installed on their bike?
Honda CBR1000RR CBR1100XX CBR1000 LED Turn Signals Blinker Rear Tail Brake Light | eBay

The information is incomplete, whether they flash and glow when brakes are applied or just glow(which I don't see the relay/flashers in the images provided). Is that worth the 30$ to spend?
I want to use them in front also, will they work as DRL(will order Amber-Amber LED combination, as the rear will be Red-Amber combo).

Turn Signals Indicator Tail LED Lights for Motorcycle Suzuki Dual Bike Scooter G | eBay

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
Pretty sure the front and rear signals are the same part. No need to replace the rear with the front ones. I would not want my turn signals to flash when I hit the brakes since the turn signals are yellow. You'd want to buy turn signals that have red brake lights incorporated into them that are lit with the brakes. That will require additional wiring to bring those LEDs into the circuit.

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Pretty sure the front and rear signals are the same part.
Thanks, anyway, I thought of trying that tonight, but couldn't wait, so asked here, whether someone tried before.

No need to replace the rear with the front ones.
the rear-right one is broken, my options are to
1. Replace OEM mirrors with turn signal integrated mirrors, move the front signals to rear.
or
2. leave front untouched and replace the rear ones with this two color combo signals,
I would not want my turn signals to flash when I hit the brakes since the turn signals are yellow. You'd want to buy turn signals that have red brake lights incorporated into them that are lit with the brakes.

which illuminates red when brakes are applied and amber arrow when signals are activated.

That will require additional wiring to bring those LEDs into the circuit.
Please see the images from the actual ebay listing, there are 4 wires coming from each unit (in the description)
Honda CBR1000RR CBR1100XX CBR1000 LED Turn Signals Blinker Rear Tail Brake Light | eBay

Last edited:

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
Still not sure what option 1 accomplishes. I could see you replacing the OEM mirrors with LED mirrors, but there's no need to move the signals. They are the same.

The red/amber combo signals in rear would give you a bit more brake light visibility, but as I mentioned it would require additional wiring. Personally I don't think it's worth, but to each his own.

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Still not sure what option 1 accomplishes. I could see you replacing the OEM mirrors with LED mirrors, but there's no need to move the signals. They are the same.

The red/amber combo signals in rear would give you a bit more brake light visibility, but as I mentioned it would require additional wiring. Personally I don't think it's worth, but to each his own.

The reason to move the front to rear is, the rear right signal is broken, instead of buying a new pair or turn signals, I thought of buying new intergrated mirrors and move the big front signals to rear.
OR
Just buy these new type of turn signals and do the wiring accordingly and give a try.

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
Ahhh, the truth will set you free. :) Now I get it.

Whichever route you take, pick up an electronic flasher relay when you move to LED signals: ELFR-1 Electronic LED Flasher Relay with OEM Connector | Custom LED

It'll keep you from having to wire in resistors with the LED signals, and it's backwards compatible with incandescents, so you can run a mix of signals front and rear if you like.