Just got a 07 FZ6

Fz6 2004 here

I have never had a seat warming problem with stock seat or stock exhaust or with the leos and the Corbin, weird.

"3. This is most annoying: the seat gets so hot that after 30 -40 minutes of riding feels like sitting on an oven. Also you can feel the hit coming out of the side of the engine."

I'm wondering, (since it's an '09 you obviously bought it used), if the panels under the seat are all there? There are several smaller plates/panels that if removed, would allow massive amounts of heat to come right up under your seat. Just a thought. Mine is an
'09 and I don't have the seat issues. I think they put the optional seats on them for '09, at least I've read that before.
I think that once you get your issues resolved you will absolutely love your bike. Welcome to the board and safe riding!

No, it's a 07 model. There is a piece of a plastic between the seat and a pipe. Maybe I should put something else in there like a foam or some other heat absorbing material...

No, it's a 07 model. There is a piece of a plastic between the seat and a pipe. Maybe I should put something else in there like a foam or some other heat absorbing material...

I wonder if some insulation would make a noticeable difference!? I only notice extra heat when in traffic. Soon as you get moving it cools down nicely.

Good luck and enjoy the new-to-you bike!

The other day i saw 210 degrees on the temp gauge while i sat at a traffic light in 95 degree heat. The heat that came off the motor was unbelievable. But as soon as the light changed and the temp dropped to about 200 or lower i never noticed any heat from the bike at all.

Mine normally runs at 187 degrees on the highway.

Back