Jig a loo ?

Vikingj

Minnesota Viking Fan
Reaction score
Visit site
I was at the hardware store and saw a product called Jig-a-loo. In a nutshell, its a silicone based all purpose lube. I was wondering if anyone has tried it. I was thinking if it does everything it claims, it would be a very good chain lube.:confused:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a good summary of the product

Jig-A-Loo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It sounds a little too all-purpose to me.

I would stick to a good chain lube. I use dupont teflon chain saver and it works great - doesn't drip or sling off

DuPont Teflon Chain Saver - DuPont Teflon Chain Lube - webBikeWorld

I agree. Here's a sentence that has multiple implications as to why you might want to use one of the many proven chain lubes on the market:
Jig-A-Loo contains silicone, 30-60% methylene chloride and 10-30% perchloroethylene[2] Methylene chloride is the active ingredient in many paint strippers and perchloroethylene is the most common dry cleaning fluid. They are both aggressive and toxic chlorinated solvents. Although the manufacturer emphasizes the lack of petroleum distillates, these chlorinated solvents are more toxic than the petroleum solvent heptane, which is commonly used as solvent for US market silicone lubricants. OSHA allows much lower permissible exposure level for these chlorinated solvents compared to heptane.