It's time to go................

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As some of you may know i have been looking at upgrading my 4 year old FZ6 for a few months , well i sit here tonight with mixed emotions :( :).......On one hand im so happy and excited that i've got a new bike on the way and on the other hand im saddened that my time with the FZ6 has come to an end , she has been a wonderful steed and never have i had a bad word to say about her but since taking the 09 R1 for a ride a month ago she does doesnt have the same thrill :eek: :spank:.....Spent most of yesterday afternoon test riding a much sort after FZ1 and wasnt overly impressed :eek: , very very uncomfortable , for me anyway , i found the seat to be like concrete and for my liking i found it to be too sports orientated :(........I did however reintroduce myself to an XJR1300 :D , rode one went i first started looking and it never left my mind hopped on board one again today and well THE DEAL IS DONE :cheer: :thumbup:..........Should pick her up on Monday afternoon :rockon:

Last edited:

Steph

Bartender
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Knew it was going to happen, just didn't figure it would be that bike! You are staying on the forum right?!

Enjoy!!

chuckfz6ryder

Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations! When I first started reading the post, I thought you were going to say you bought an R1. Enjoy the new bike, can't wait to see some pictures.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Called in at Yamaha this afternoon to sort out my insurance for the new bike :D They were wheeling her out of the showroom to go for her pre delivery check they go and pick up the licence plates tomorrow and she'll be all mine tomorrow afternoon :cheer:.....Just had a call from them now to say my her Scorpion pipe will be in on Thursday along with her K&N filter :D roll on tomorrow :thumbup:........Heres a couple more quick pics of her heading out the door...

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Methinks Eric will have something to say about that ,lol

LOL me thinks so too but it hasnt happened yet :D........Like i said though it was for me and might not be the next person , i also hate the seating on the FJR which is supposedly the best sport tourer out there :don'tknow: go figure :)