It's Been A Long Time

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello to my FZ-6 Family,

Man, it's been awhile since I've been on this Forum. I've been slipping, well, finally the weather is about the change and riding will once again be at the forefront. Each year I tell myself I'm going to ride more and I always miss that mark. How many of you feel that same way?

Well here I go again, I'm riding more this year, more rides to work, more rides on the weekends (coaching/traveling tends to limit riding during this time for me).

Quick question, does anyone out there use Motul 7100T, if so, what do you think?

Ryan, every spring I promise myself that this will be my 10,000 mile summer. Never happens. But I try. Maybe this year.

I don’t want to start an oil war. Any oil that is specified for wet clutches is fine. I’m cheap and use Rotella. I’ve never had a clutch slippage issue. With a fleet of bikes and a diesel tractor to maintain, I always have a few gallons on hand.

Welcome back. It's spring. Get to recording goals, making plans and consider a riding log.

Miles is one thing, where you want to go is another.

I'm @ 200 miles so far for 2018. Good luck.

I am no expert but everyone I talked to has told me to use Motul 300V 10W40, they refer it as liquid gold for our bikes. I did notice the gear seem to change better and quieter.
Anyway I just got the bike last year and it had 300 miles on it. First oil change I did was non synthetic for break in and then switched. I now have about 5k. Will probably put around 6k miles in the summer commuting to work. Plan to change the oil every 3\4k miles. It takes me a good 40 minutes to get to work all highway and after awhile I have to say the seat becomes uncomfortable. I actually just bought a Coleman MadDog GearComfort Ride Seat Protector which got great reviews and it is only $20. Hopefully that will make it more acceptable... :D

Back