It was a great weekend

Flydoc

Reaction score
Visit site
I picked up my bike from the shop this past Friday.
They found the cause of the dead battery ( loose connection at the battery). I was a bit apprehensive about the ride home from the shop, as I am a new rider, and some of the roads I needed to take were highways, and i had never ridden an FZ6 before. But it wasn't long before I felt comfortable with the handling qualities and power of the motorcycle.

The weather here in northern Virginia was perfect both Saturday and Sunday so i spent most of them cruising the local country back roads. Those of you unfamiliar with N. Va can imagine colorful leaves on the trees, bright sunshine and twisty, hilly two lane blacktop surrounded by farms and woods and Civil War battlefields as well as some very nice estates.

I put enough time and miles on the FZ6 to realize that the stock seat was not going to cut it for me. So today I ordered a Top Saddlery seat to replace it. Unfortunately, by the time it gets here, the riding season will probably be over here due to cold. But I'm looking forward to the spring.

Howard Kahn
Fairfax Station, VA

viviifz6

Winter...
Reaction score
Visit site
It is certainly a sad day that the riding season will be ending soon for this of us here in the northern parts of the US and Canada and anywhere else I may have missed... Just got my bike a couple weeks ago and have only been able to put on 500 or so miles. But I know u will enjoy the new seat in the spring and I am glad that you came out of your visit at the shop with an easy fix!:cheer:

Get as much in as u can before the snow flies!

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good to hear they figured it out. once again, :welcome:

Yeah, I took an 80 mile ride yesterday and by the end of it I was getting cold - I'm hoping to still get one or two weekends out of this season though. :)

Don't forget to post pics! ;)

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I
Unfortunately, by the time it gets here, the riding season will probably be over here due to cold. But I'm looking forward to the spring.

You can still ride on warm-ish days during the winter with the right warm weather gear. I ride on days when it hits 40 to 45 degrees with the sun shining. Talk about a winter pick me up!! You won't get alot of days at that temp but when you do it feels awesome to get out there. And it will keep your skills sharp.

AngelFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Indeed it was a great weekend, I went on a ~250 miles ride with a couple of friends, unfortunately not as nice as the roads up there.

I do have one of those TS seats (I got it from a member of this forum). Normally I can take about an hour on the bike, after that I need to get some rest.
I did get lots of complements on the seat since at one point I had a passenger and she sat on the three bikes: a 2007 Suzuki 650F with stock seat (so so), a 2009 Yamaha Star also with stock seat (pretty bad) and mine, 2009 FZ6 with the TS seat (extremely comfortable).

This will be my first winter with the bike, I hope to ride as much as possible since summers here are too hot and humid!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Juan1

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll take earthquakes. The ground trembles for 15 seconds about twice a year here without enough force to knock anything over.