Is this a Good deal for a 2005 FZ6?

knave

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm looking at a 2005 silver Yamaha FZ6 with ~5k on it in really nice condition for $4625.

It comes with a tank and tail bag, helmet, jacket and gloves. (Lid and jacket are too small for me.)

I know this is at least a fair price but is it an awesome deal? Or is it just OK.

Reason I'm doubting is that I'm cash poor ATM but could probably scrape up the cash if it's a good enough deal. (KBB is $4950)

Thanks for the input

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
not great. but OK is it at a dealership or private seller? Private seller you will have to inspect the bike or have a mechanic inspect. Hopefully a reputable shop will do that for you and you could get any nessesary repairs in the cost of the bike.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That is almost exactly what I sold my '05 for. Not a bad deal but then again, any FZ6 in good condition isn't a bad deal if you get it less than KBB

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you're cash strapped, I think $4000 is a realistic figure. Think about it, there have been member who have gotten brand new '08's for $6500 OTD. You are paying $2000 less for a model that is 3 years old. With that small of a gap, I would buy a new one. There are several threads about how much we all paid for our bikes. Sorry I don't have the link for you at the moment but it's in the Main Lobby Forum titled: How much you pay for your FZ6?

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Geez. I have on '07 FZ6 with near 4K miles and paid 6800 OTD (true "out the door" no additional taxes, license, no NOTHING). I say, if you're sure you like it, pull the trigger (and counter propose 10% less/see what happens). Watch your back (are there other suitors?)