Is there any way to make the FZ6 throttle less twitchy/snatchy in 1st/2nd?

major tom

Reaction score
Visit site
I went 1+ on the front sprocket and it helped a little and my max cruise speed before onset pf objectionable vibration is about 5mph, the speedo is right on, and my fuel mileage is improved. But the issue is still there. Over the years my technique has improved and rarely is it a problem.

swedespeed

Reaction score
Visit site
It's really not that bad, when you are careful to roll on throttle. Had a great ride to work today through the twisties. Only once did I forget to carefully roll on, wasn't that bad though. Thanks guys, going to refine my skills.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ditching the stock suspension is also a plus. Proper damping front and rear and the bike much harder to upset.

If anyone finds a used Bazzaz FC, I have a good map I'll share.

swedespeed

Reaction score
Visit site
Ditching the stock suspension is also a plus. Proper damping front and rear and the bike much harder to upset.

If anyone finds a used Bazzaz FC, I have a good map I'll share.

I don't see any listings on Bazzaz's website for the S1, only S2. Does that mean we can't use it?

Last edited:

ds37601

Reaction score
Visit site
The snatchy throttle used to bother me, but I don't even notice it any more. I had forgotten about it until I saw this thread. One thing I did was adjust all the free play out of the throttle cable.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't see any listings on Bazzaz's website for the S1, only S2. Does that mean we can't use it?

The ECU pinout is different. You might write them and see if they can adapt.
That said, my map would not be of value as they are different.

Liman_zx

Reaction score
Visit site
I have similar issues on my fz6, throttle is very responsive to the hand, my ride is very jerky, not fun to ride, from what I gathered best solution for jerky throttle is ECU flashing, but unfortunately there is no ECU flash for fz6 not sure why. Next option is PC tuning on dyno, but that option can run into several hundred dollars. God damn throttle so annoying

bricksrheavy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have similar issues on my fz6, throttle is very responsive to the hand, my ride is very jerky, not fun to ride, from what I gathered best solution for jerky throttle is ECU flashing, but unfortunately there is no ECU flash for fz6 not sure why. Next option is PC tuning on dyno, but that option can run into several hundred dollars. God damn throttle so annoying
- lube (or if necessary change) the throttle cables
- adjust the throttle cables free play
- adjust the throttle free play (try different adjustments to see what suits you more)
- remove the throttle tube and clean both the inside of it and the handlebar
- if worn, get new grips, I have the Progrips 717 and LOVE those things, they will give you more grip on the throttle + they are very thick so you feel less vibrations thru the handlebars

If you already haven't, these are all simple and fairly cheap solutions for you to try before going nuclear at the problem [emoji106]

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
- valve adjust
- TB sync
- open up the exhaust
- advance the ignition
- a proper fuel map

eagerpuppy

Reaction score
Visit site
Isn't this a company that does flashing for these bikes? (https://ecunleashed.com/product/2007-yamaha-fz6-2/)
I was looking at something to fix my jerkiness as well, and the flash seemed the best option seeing as you get a bundle of other things improved as well, like fuel cut adjustment, limiter changes, and the likes. I bought mine for 1800 wrecked with a $800 budget for rebuilding, she's purty now. But I'm a cheapo and it would hurt the wallet too much to spend %17 of the total current budget on something that I can work on with skill. I will say my SV650 has a totally different power band so coming from that to this might be why I haven't quite got it down yet. But I can spend almost every shift I make from 1st to 3rd gear trying to smooth it out and still get some chop on the throttle. Also the engagement point is way out there compared to the SV, though that's more of where I've gotten both adjusted to. [MENTION=28622]swedespeed[/MENTION], I feel your pain.