Is the rear tire peeling out?

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
I personally believe a tire set should wear very nearly evenly, between the front and rear. As others have said, changing speed or direction results in friction, which wears away the tires.

My opinion is that the forces acting on the front and rear are accounted for, in the size of the tires fitted. The rear being twice as wide, it deals with roughly twice as much force. Most of the acceleration should wear the rear. Most of the braking forces should wear the front. Cornering loads should be nearly 50-50.

If you are wearing out rear tires 2:1 compared to your front(s), I suspect you are doing most of your braking with the back tire, rather than the front.

I'm on my 4th set of tires now on the FZ6. In my experience the front tire does wear out about the same as the rear, the only difference is the rear gets a flat spot in the middle first while the front tends to wear faster on the edges from hitting twisty roads.

If you are wearing out your rear tire twice as fast as the front you are really throttle happy. :BLAA: