Installed FZ1 Bars, need help with brake line

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I didnt think it would be a issue but someone asked me about it and it got me thinking because after fliping my 4 wheeler i never bent the handle bars back because it actually looked cool with them rolled down a bit but my brakes started acting up but that also controled both front and rear brakes....straighten them back no more problems...4 wheeler though

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

Depends on just how much twist you had. I wouldn't recommend 45 degrees, but I'd say 10 degrees should not hurt anything.

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
Well i fixed the brake line and went for a 30min ride.

The bike is completely different...... Everything for me, braking, accelerating, turning, swerving, even shifting feels way different. Because of this i cant comment on if i like it or if its more comfortable since i felt like i was learning to ride again LOL.

I will say that it does not stretch me out like i thought it would. Actually feels more natural height wise because my seat is also lowered an inch.

Going to take it to work if the weather is good, that will give me a much better comparison.

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought 2010 FZ1 bars from parts shark.com for my 05 FZ6 $36.96 Shipped.

First impressions: Its not wider then the fz6r bar at all. I know i read somewhere that the fz1 bar is much longer or wider then stock but i didnt experience this. I was actually disappointed as well because the wrist position looks almost identical to the fz6r bars. I decided to put them on anyways to try them.
CIMG1215.jpg

CIMG1214.jpg

Not sure if we have the same bars or not, or whether it's just the way we laid them down, but my '08 FZ6 are heaps different to the FZ1 bars I bought.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I bet if you would have gone straight from the stocker to.the fz1 you would like them even more, but either way im sure they will grow on you

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
He had the FZ6R bars on. Not as drastic of a change.

Yea i had fz6r bars on and the positioning is almost identical. The fz1 bars are just lower.

Took the bike to work today and i actually really enjoyed the bars. The throttle seems to take more turn to do the same amount of go as before but thats most likely lower wrist positioning so my wrist have to turn little deeper.

Going to do lots more testing over the weekend :)

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I love them! One of the best mods Ive done. Did close to 400 miles with the last NJ group ride lead by Erci last sunday, wrists were a little sore but that may have been due to fatigue and putting too much weight on the bars. I ordered some risers to see if that changes anything.:thumbup: Over all tho, really makes the FZ6 feel like you "own" it!