I was so pissed I almost killed him...

gomd3

Reaction score
Visit site
So let me start it off by saying this was not my best afternoon by far.
So beautiful weather here in the nation's capital and I had a minor customer complaint on a scooter I just sold him. He said the mirror would spin when he rode it and I suggest he tighten it down but being a reverse thread the guy couldn't tighten down the securing nut properly. No biggie, gave me an excuse to ride the FZ down to DC and then I was going to head out to my GF's bbq party.

incident 1: Im getting off my bike and put it up on the center stand, I start walking away and bam! I step into the water meter hole and my foot falls through. I had a bad knee that I've been wearing a brace on for a while and had taken it off today, hyperextended it a bit and scraped my shin. Seems like nobody replaced the cover on properly, could've been worse but I decided to walk it off and move onto the backyard.

Incident 2: I finish securing the mirror on the scooter and the daughter of the owner comes running out that someone had hit my bike... I ran to the front and it's still standing up right as I get closer I see the stand scrape marks on the pavement about 12 inches long, I ask her what car it was and she points to a red van about half a block away. Bum knee and all I just bolt after the van on foot and catch him at a red light and I ask him, "dude did you just smack into my bike?!" He was like it didn't fall I think it's fine I yell at him "are you a f#%#ing mechanic (I myself am one... ) you could've bent my steering column or my shocks. Give me your name and phone number cause if anything is wrong I am billing it to you!"

so long story short I got his name and contact info. I went back and checked for play on the steering bearings, the tubes, fender, and rim to make sure non were broken or bent. I must say Im impressed that It didn't have a scratch considering the weight of the bike and the center stand held up admirably not buckling or bending while being pushed back that far. Dang people are careless when it comes to other peoples things. Rode her to the GF's house and no vibrations or weird noises so she should be good. Good god that was some rant.

Oh yeah
Incident 3: trying to make some mounting points for the frame that holds my hard cases I had a stripped screw that goes right under the muffler and over the pegs. So I tried to use the visegrip trick to get it out but ending clamping my palm causing a decent gash...

yeah so happy memorial day . :Flash:

gomd3

Reaction score
Visit site
yeah, I guess today I get my hard cases finished and I'll hopefully get some pictures up!
oh and let me add to the center stand vs. sidestand debate, if it had been on the sidestand the bike would have gone down for sure!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So let me start it off by saying this was not my best afternoon by far.
So beautiful weather here in the nation's capital and I had a minor customer complaint on a scooter I just sold him. He said the mirror would spin when he rode it and I suggest he tighten it down but being a reverse thread the guy couldn't tighten down the securing nut properly. No biggie, gave me an excuse to ride the FZ down to DC and then I was going to head out to my GF's bbq party.

incident 1: Im getting off my bike and put it up on the center stand, I start walking away and bam! I step into the water meter hole and my foot falls through. I had a bad knee that I've been wearing a brace on for a while and had taken it off today, hyperextended it a bit and scraped my shin. Seems like nobody replaced the cover on properly, could've been worse but I decided to walk it off and move onto the backyard.

Incident 2: I finish securing the mirror on the scooter and the daughter of the owner comes running out that someone had hit my bike... I ran to the front and it's still standing up right as I get closer I see the stand scrape marks on the pavement about 12 inches long, I ask her what car it was and she points to a red van about half a block away. Bum knee and all I just bolt after the van on foot and catch him at a red light and I ask him, "dude did you just smack into my bike?!" He was like it didn't fall I think it's fine I yell at him "are you a f#%#ing mechanic (I myself am one... ) you could've bent my steering column or my shocks. Give me your name and phone number cause if anything is wrong I am billing it to you!"

so long story short I got his name and contact info. I went back and checked for play on the steering bearings, the tubes, fender, and rim to make sure non were broken or bent. I must say Im impressed that It didn't have a scratch considering the weight of the bike and the center stand held up admirably not buckling or bending while being pushed back that far. Dang people are careless when it comes to other peoples things. Rode her to the GF's house and no vibrations or weird noises so she should be good. Good god that was some rant.

Oh yeah
Incident 3: trying to make some mounting points for the frame that holds my hard cases I had a stripped screw that goes right under the muffler and over the pegs. So I tried to use the visegrip trick to get it out but ending clamping my palm causing a decent gash...

yeah so happy memorial day . :Flash:
I would still bill him for the damaged paint work. It all takes value off your bike.
I hope you slept well, if I have a crappy one like that I like to try and end it early by going to bed LOL.

Nelly

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
To make you feel a better a friend of mine went into the local wal-mart for 5 minutes to pick up a prescription and when he came out his bike was laying on its side with silver scuff marks from someones bumper on it......now that is a bad day. The worst part is that he talked to the security people and they got the incident caught on camera but couldnt see the liscense plate.

FzPilot

Reaction score
www.borczm.com
To make you feel a better a friend of mine went into the local wal-mart for 5 minutes to pick up a prescription and when he came out his bike was laying on its side with silver scuff marks from someones bumper on it......now that is a bad day. The worst part is that he talked to the security people and they got the incident caught on camera but couldnt see the liscense plate.

I've had EXACTLY the same thing happen few weeks ago coming out of ACE hardware, bike on it's side while parked on the center stand. Someone must have bumped the tire.

Thanks to the extended frame sliders, not a scratch on a bike! I was so pissed but felt so lucky in the same time, the only scratches are on the slider itself and very very tiny one on the side of the mirror.

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
I've had EXACTLY the same thing happen few weeks ago coming out of ACE hardware, bike on it's side while parked on the center stand. Someone must have bumped the tire.

Thanks to the extended frame sliders, not a scratch on a bike! I was so pissed but felt so lucky in the same time, the only scratches are on the slider itself and very very tiny one on the side of the mirror.

It has got to be the worst feeling, glad to hear you had no damage.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I hope today is a lot better for you! Sounds like a day you wished you'd simply stayed in bed! Good venting!! ;)

gomd3

Reaction score
Visit site
lol, yeah, sore knee still but bike had no damage at all not even to the fender. Im hoping it rains so I can cancel the rest of my customers and just stay home playing GTA4... Thanks everyone, for letting me vent.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
I thought I was going to read about you pulling your gun on someone! :D

Glad it was nothing major... hope you knee gets better soon.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
All the more reason to get an alarm with a tilt/vibration or maybe even one with a perimeter alarm. At least, if nothing else, it might make him/her/them feel a twange (is that a word?) of guilt...maybe even attract a couple of potential witnesses. It sucks.