I need more UMMMFFF!!

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
BINGO!! +1

I too find the "hey just got a [insert bike here] and need more power!" posts a bit odd too.

B. Not riding the bike you have to it's full potential. Rider issue, not a HP issue.

I'd go with 'B' 95% of the time.

agree'd.. but i bet the problem is that people expect the acceleration to speed to be either similar to a high performance car or ..well.. like what they see in the movies/on tv.. but is there the level of understanding that the bike is only going to do such things to a certain point, and then you need a new bike..

if the bike is new and you are a new ider, then i agree with bone.. learn to ride what you have and enjoy it... then move up to a more powerful bike.. or just keep the rpms high and you wont even notice..

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just down shift a couple times and keep the r's up. I'm sure it has plenty of power. However, if you are just doing straight line runs, I would suggest investing in a Hyabusa, ZX-14, or something similar.

Nautical05

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all your help guys. I dont want to take the bike back. Ive imprinted on it. lol

Exhaust and filters. Got it! Its going to be fun.

The exhaust is.... anything but normal from what i've seen the the bike world. I wonder why they did that.

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The exhaust is.... anything but normal from what i've seen the the bike world. I wonder why they did that.

saves space.. keeps you from burning your leg... keeps weight on the low center of gravity... lots of reasons... but good luck in your modding.. remember to take lots of pictures :)

600ccdevil

Reaction score
Visit site
Also look into sprocket/chain conversions.

+1 on that. I just did the 520 conversion with -1/+2 on the sprockets. It's like a whole different bike now! Lots of go! I have a FZ6 though so I can't speak for the FZ6R. I believe your top speed is already lower than an FZ6 so you might not want to go too extreme with the gear change. Then again, you might wanna ask someone who actually knows what they are talking about :p

600ccdevil

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for all your help guys. I dont want to take the bike back. Ive imprinted on it. lol

Exhaust and filters. Got it! Its going to be fun.

The exhaust is.... anything but normal from what I've seen the the bike world. I wonder why they did that.

Just out of curiosity, how long have you been riding? How many miles are on your bike? You'll find that the more comfortable you get with her the more speed you will be able to squeeze out of her. I know you are probably sick of people saying "learn to ride better" but it is absolutely true. Your shifting becomes more precise, you learn where the sweet spots are in the rpm range, your better able to handle her, etc....

Last edited:

Nautical05

Reaction score
Visit site
Ive ridden dirt bikes my entire life. On the street side ive only ridden a cbr600rr, F4i, and a 919 shortly. This is the first bike i've owned and almost to 1000 mile mark with it. so now instead of taking it up to 7000rpm ill be able to ride it like normal.

I'm very happy with the bike. Its perfect for me. Comfortable and it looks racey. :rockon: I was just curious on what i could do to make it the best it possibly can.

ironman

Reaction score
Visit site
I, like several others, am sure that you are tired of hearing people say "learn to ride it better" but the truth is you don't even really know what you want until you are very good at riding the bike. Getting very good takes several years and several 10's of thousands of miles and a dedicated effort to continually work on your skills (emergency stops, precise shifting and down shifting, cornering technique etc. . . Not popping wheelies and dragging knees). I have had my bike (07 fz6) for almost a year and have about 5000 miles on it. Its my first personally owned street bike but not the first one that I have ridden on a regular basis, and I am quite certain that while I am not in any way timid, I am also not anywhere near riding this bike to it's potential. The amount you push the bike should be gradual and slowly increasing. Until you have a good 15-20k miles under your belt, don't worry so much about what the bike will do. Concentrate on what you can do on it.

UMMMFFF can be bought later for a few dollars.

Keeping your skin, bones, and life intact while developing proper, safe, and efficient riding techniques is priceless and can be learned easily on a bike like yours (even if it is bone stock).