I love my job! (at least today)

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Today I had to go visit a customer in Santa Rosa, which is about 85 miles (taking the scenic route of course) from my home in Danville. The whole day was about 170 miles of riding, most of it through the wine country areas of Sonoma and Napa counties. It counted as a great day that I would have taken time off work to pull off, but instead, it was just part of the job!

Got a little lost on the way up, as I was relying heavily on the GPS to navigate me there, and it started acting flakily. It took 2 hrs to get there, and I ended up having 3 minutes to spare by the time I walked into the lobby.

I came home through Napa Valley, from Calistoga all the way to Napa. Some very nice roads in there, especially from Santa Rosa to Calistoga. The further south into the Napa Valley I got, the crappier it became. That road is always so clogged that left turners get impatient and start trying to crowd into openings too small for them (probably tipsy wine tasters doesn't help either). I guess a malleable motorcycle seems a good opportunity to shove their way in. I had to assault multiple boneheads with the Fiamm Freeway Blaster - got their attention! I had more little incidents of people behaving as if I wasn't there on that 10 mile stretch of road than I have had in the past six months elsewhere.

Down at the base of the valley, there is gridlock at stoplights, with backups a mile or two long in some cases. It's always so rewarding to split to the front of the line like a hot knife through butter.

Cutting over to the 680, it was very gusty all the way to Benecia. Really unnerving to ride in gusty wind. It's much better if I tuck behind the huge CalSci windshield, but I find that position uncomfortable, harder to see what is going on around me, and my mirrors aren't angled right like that.

All in all, not bad for a day's work!

from:danville ca to:Lake Herman Rd to:CA-12/CA-121/Sonoma Hwy to:CA-12/Sonoma Hwy to:US-101 N to:santa rosa ca to:38.575011,-122.582703 to:danville ca - Google Maps