I love Australia, but tonight it's war...

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Gee, thanks everyone. I should know better - I follow McLaren.... I follow the Cronulla Sharks.... I follow the Western Force.... I follow the Western Warriors....

Do you see the pattern here guys?

I could always do the unthinkable - start following AFL... No, I can't do it.

I probably have something in common with you Eastern Staters - I too hate the Dockers and the Eages.... but I still can't start following it.

Jez

Reaction score
Visit site
Bit of a thread bump here, but the rugby's still going on you know ;).

I haven't got any fingernails left after today's matches. Incredible game between Scotland v Wales - one of the best comebacks I think I've ever seen, where Wales, who had been down all match, turned it all around in the last 10 minutes. I felt sorry for the Scots who had worked like troopers throughout, but they just couldn't hold it together. Ffantastic rygbi ffrom the Wellsh.

I don't really want to talk about France v Ireland. Not a good day for the Irish, but they battled on. With France it's either hit or miss, and today the French were on sparkling form - their defence was bone-crunching, and they just seized every opportunity. Ireland did their best, but seemed to have dipped their fingers in the communal pot of Kerrygold in the changing rooms - I've never seen so much cack-handed passing, missed opportunities and butterfingered knock-ons. Painful to watch at times, so it was. Anyway, France deserved that win.

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
There is a famous quote that says that "Rugby is a game played by men with strange shaped balls".

or

"Football is a gentleman's game played by hooligans, and rugby is a hooligans' game played by gentlemen"

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bit of a thread bump here, but the rugby's still going on you know ;).

I haven't got any fingernails left after today's matches. Incredible game between Scotland v Wales - one of the best comebacks I think I've ever seen, where Wales, who had been down all match, turned it all around in the last 10 minutes. I felt sorry for the Scots who had worked like troopers throughout, but they just couldn't hold it together. Ffantastic rygbi ffrom the Wellsh.

When Wales had the penalty with around 8 mins to go I was happy with the draw to be honest..I thought if they went for the win it was gonna be wales v england all over again with a last minute interception, but the 2 man loss just made it impossible for the scots.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It was hard to watch the end of the game, but Shane Williams - BLOODY LEGEND. He will go down as one of the Welsh all time greats, up there with JPR Williams, Barry John and Gareth Davies. We're still alive - 6 nations glory can be ours this year.

England beat Italy, but only 17-12. NOT very convincing.

CYMRU AM BYTH.....

kamao

Reaction score
Visit site
He will go down as one of the Welsh all time greats

I've lost count of how many times Shane Williams has managed to pull something out of the bag, when a spark is needed... did feel sorry for the Scots though. Played some great rugby only for the bin to deny them (I'm sure I won't loose any sleep over it!)

France though, are looking strong - will be interesting to see what changes are made ready for that one

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
You said "France won't be the 6 nations"... and I agree... I think they will BEAT them all though :rof: