How to tell I'm in 4th gear; does it apply to you?

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
LOL!! I think

Happy new year, btw too.

It's simple. It sucks not knowing what gear you are in. Rather than hooking up a gear indicator, it is nice to know 4th gear is direct 1,000 rpm per 10mph. You can do whatever math you need to figure out KM.

Dan

Reaction score
Visit site
FB400

Sorry, i explained my idea very bad. i was too drunk)))

When you ride in town's roads, you should keep high RPM, about 10K. Because, it is very important to have possibility to change your speed by an accelerator. The aggressive style of your riding will save your life in traffic (but this is the theme for another topic).

When you ride on a route, you should use the 6th gear all time. It is allow you to save gas, to save your engine and so on. There is no reason for the aggressive style of riding on a route.

So, if you use these two simple rules, you will not have the question "what gear you are in".

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
Dennis,
Let us all know who 15t feels off the line. I happen to like the stock gearing with the exception of the trickiness of getting it smooth off the line (still a newbie). 15t seems like a very easy mod that should help the launch without causing a much higher rev at freeway speeds.. A good compromise, I think

I will but, UPS said that my speedohealer will not be delivered (until who knows?) because "MERCHANDISE IS MISSING. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH ADDITIONAL DETAILS. / ALL MERCHANDISE MISSING, EMPTY CARTON WAS DISCARDED. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH DETAILS OF THE DAMAGE; DAMAGE REPORTED / DAMAGE CLAIM UNDER INVESTIGATION". Supposed to be delivered 12/29/09 -- what a bunch of morons.

The 530 15T is still not here because it's US mail and US mail is US mail and by definition, we get to it when we get to it. Should've been here 12/31/09.

Holidays suck for deliveries.

Oh well, we have snow on the ground anyway.

Dennis