Votes: 75 54.3%
  • Never

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
^ it really seemed like the car wasn't giving its all and the rider was being a little bit more active than he needed lol. His stance looked wrong to me for some reason.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Any long distance rides and you will find yourself resorting to a lot of one handed riding. Obvoiosly you have to be comfortable doing it as well. If you're a new rider, you're probably scared to death riding with two hands at highway speeds, yet alone with one hand.

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
And yet I find my self using no hands to do some major adjustments. Or find something good on the radio lol. I don't look down.

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
Just remembered the other times I ride one handed is when holding the video camera

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znxEI6grEY8]Yamaha FZ6 S2 and Honda HRC Fireblade - YouTube[/ame]

or shooting stills

IMG_1599 by urbannivag, on Flickr

and getting a MyFace profile photo :D

IMG_1595 by urbannivag, on Flickr

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
How do you text or talk on the phone if you don't ride with one hand? :eek:

We do a lot of follow-the-leader when we do our track schools which requires riding with one hand quite a bit to turn around and watch students.

On the street, I do it to relax or maybe just out of boredom. But, I would offer a warning especially if you ride with no hands - there is a risk of getting a head shake as you are slowing and the weight is on the front. Of course, loose or a worn steering head can contribute to this. If it ever happens, you'll definitely be more aware of it in the future. Don't ask how I know :Flash:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just remembered the other times I ride one handed is when holding the video camera

Yamaha FZ6 S2 and Honda HRC Fireblade - YouTube

or shooting stills
9293832610_16f98816e8_c.jpg

and getting a MyFace profile photo :D

Shoulder looks nice and forgiving should any 'drift' occur!!! :eek::eek::eek:

I'm innocent of filming on the bike, cage..... ah... no comment! :ban:
IMG_20130610_162937_426Driving_zpsf3f8ea4d.jpg

Ssky0078

Reaction score
Visit site
To be honest after this thread started I've been trying to find more situations to ride one handed in. Most recent accomplishments

Going at/above the posted speed leaned over in the only S-curve on a free way in the area, ohh and there's traffic. FYI, it's easier going to the right, than it is to the left.

changing music on my iphone with the remote on the headphones more often

cruising down the freeway, jamming out to my music, with 1 hand and sometimes no-hands.

I guess I was trying to prove to myself that the bike doesn't suddenly throw me off if I only have one hand. In traffic and more situations that require rider input I do have both hands on controls and hovering ready to take evasive maneuvers.

LFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I usually don't ride one handed very much next to waving at the other riders or on long trips. Just got back from doing a nearly 1100 miles trip on Arkansas twisties (Thursday am to Sunday pm), my wrist was killing me on the way back. One handed it with my omni-cruise quite a bit.

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
I had to do a 200 mile journey a few weeks ago, mostly highway.
I ended up doing most of the ride lying on my tank, one hand on the throttle, the other one behind my back, a bit like a speed ice skater.
Lying on the tank was he only way to deal with the wind, and both hands on the bar quickly became uncomfortable for my left wrist which is a bit strange!
Right wrist was completely fine.

It was quite funny, because most people looked at me like i was a nutter, but i was actually very comfy!

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Whenever I'm riding sweep in a group ride, enjoying the view, smelling nature's wonders, thinking about the IPA I'm having with dinner....:spank:

cpolson.cp

Reaction score
Visit site
On short rides, from home to work, I usually don't do much one handed at all, however on longer rides that are 20 minutes or more, I try to integrate one handed riding in a bit to give my wrists a break. I only do one handed on straights, and I will alter and do one hand with both hand, either coasting with the clutch engaged, or slightly excelerating. I must have girly wrist because with a lot of gear changing, my throttle wrist starts to hurt a little, and sometimes my clutch hand cramps in the palm.