How Not-to-Sell a Motorcycle

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I apologize if this is someone from the forum but I too often see ad's like this:

2009 Yamaha FZ6 1100 miles F%*king mint!

"2009 Yamaha FZ6 1100 miles F%*king mint! - $5000 (warwick)

1100 miles, absolute mint condition, always garaged and washed after riding, adult owned never beat on, amazing touring bike, never dumped or scratched, has digital gauges and including gas and temp, analog RPM tach, very clean bike asking $5000 obo, no low ball BS, these are the only pics i have of the bike so please dont ask for me to send more-call and make an appointment to view, call only NO EMAIL they will not be answered 401 545 0493

I have bought and sold too many bikes, atv's, cars, and motorcycles to count; and I must say, the wording of the advertisement plays almost as much of a role in the sale as the actual condition of the item being sold. Its understandable that people are frustrated with the junk e-mail coming from sites such as Craigslist and equally as frustrated with less-than-reasonable offers but, these are all "hassles" associated with for sale by owner.

Always remember; keep the wording positive and professional. Statements like "No Low Ballers!", "No Tire Kickers", "Don't ask me for pictures", "Don't e-mail cuz' I won't respond" are just as likely to turn-off a serious buyer as they are a "Low Balla'"

Just my 2-cents and pet peeve.

Rant Ended!!
:thumbup:
Maybe he doesn't want to sell it?
nelly