How can I install Bar risers

Jim V

Reaction score
Visit site
Ordered bar risers and expect them in a few days. In the interim I decided to look at the bike to see how tough a job it might be. Years ago I owned a Pacific Coast (OK stop laughing) and put risers on it. That was pretty straight forward as the handlebars unbolted from the top. Imagine my shock and horror when I discovered that there aren't bolt heads on top of the bars and to make matters worse, it seems that there is some kind of recess on the bottom so I can't easily get a ratchet on the bottom bolt head. So what all is involved, looks like I have to take the front fairing off to get access, is that right or is there some easier way of doing this that I just don't see. If I do have to take the front fairing off, is it a big ordeal or a relatively straight forward process. Appreciate any input..thanks!!

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
what year FZ6 you got? im sure all the bolts are right on the top of the bar? or on the newer S2 model you have to take off the snazzy thing with the yamaha logo on( thats my technical term) of the top of the bars and then just put the risers in?

I may be wrong. others will chime in with correct info

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's super-simple. Bolts on top clamp just have decorative plugs. You have to pry those up and normal hex heads will be exposed.
Undo the bolts, remove top clamp(s) and bar, slap risers on, put bars on.. top clamp on and tighten bolts. That's all there is to it. Tighten front bolts first in alternating order to 17 foot pounds. THEN tighten rear bolts in alternating order to 17 foot pounds.

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
It's super-simple. Bolts on top clamp just have decorative plugs. You have to pry those up and normal hex heads will be exposed.
Undo the bolts, remove top clamp(s) and bar, slap risers on, put bars on.. top clamp on and tighten bolts. That's all there is to it. Tighten front bolts first in alternating order to 17 foot pounds. THEN tighten rear bolts in alternating order to 17 foot pounds.

Thats what i ment with my post to :BLAA:

Just this one made way more sence

Forgot to mention the little bolt plugs they put on so it looks like there are no bolts underneath

Jim V

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, yea you were right. What I thought was round bolt heads were indeed just the decorative plugs, Popped em off, looks like an easy job. Thanks again.