How and when do you surf the Forum?

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am an office bound dweeb. I'm on the computer about 9 hours a day at work. I attend countless mind numbing meetings and I'm also responsible for communications for the division I work in. As a result I write stuff all day, HR policy stuff; time card and payroll rules, leave of absence policy, goals and objectives, transfer policy, etc, etc. I find that if I write for five to ten minutes, take and FZ6-Forum.com break, my work related writing is much better. If I write work stuff all day, which I have to do some days, my writing isn't as good compared to if I'm posting on the Forum. The Forum give my mind a break and allows me to re-focus on the task at hand.

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
Yup, I like to take a break and hit "new posts" to see what people are up to...besides, the internet is much better here at work than at home with housemates taking up the badwidth with downloading.

sideshow_downs

Finally Summer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When i get back from missions i check all the new posts that i missed since i last signed on. It helps get my mind off whats going on here and i can dream about riding my FZ

Z

zoomman

I checked the post when I need advice on bike related issues and often times for a good laugh. I was on a lot when I crashed my bike, helped with the healing process. Now that it's pretty much peek season for riding, I'm not on as much.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
From work periodically all day, and at night when I settle in bed with the laptop. :D

bertmoog

Yes, I am.
Reaction score
Visit site
Every night when I get home from work for about 2 hours, my wife hates it:rolleyes: I know youre supposed to post often but I like to just read what people write. Most of the time I dont have anything beneficial to say so I just read. A lot of people post for the sake of posting and it clutters a thread so I try to steer clear of that... am I doing that write now? :confused:

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Second thing in the morning (after checking riding weather), I'll post a response to a thread. At least once at work as a breather from a hectic schedule if time permitting. When I get home after work up until it's time for supper. Then after supper as I take the garbage outside, I quickly sign in to my pc and unto the forum and if the missus doesn't kill me yet.......... until I go to sleep at around 12 or 1 am. And the addictive process starts all over again in the morning.
PS: When I finally get to bed and the missus is asleep, I turn on my PDA and scope out the forum for another 5-10 mins. Damn Dennis this thing is addicting. There should be help for forum addicts somewhere in the corner, next to the donation box, LOL.

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
I turn on my PDA and scope out the forum for another 5-10 mins. Damn Dennis this thing is addicting. There should be help for forum addicts somewhere in the corner, next to the donation box, LOL.

I got the PDA problem too LOL...... :thumbup:

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
pretty much the first thing I load at work ;) then I check new posts through out the day. I am very bored at work.. this place keeps me out of trouble hehe

fz6nick

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Visit site
I am an office bound dweeb. I'm on the computer about 9 hours a day at work. I attend countless mind numbing meetings and I'm also responsible for communications for the division I work in. As a result I write stuff all day, HR policy stuff; time card and payroll rules, leave of absence policy, goals and objectives, transfer policy, etc, etc. I find that if I write for five to ten minutes, take and FZ6-Forum.com break, my work related writing is much better. If I write work stuff all day, which I have to do some days, my writing isn't as good compared to if I'm posting on the Forum. The Forum give my mind a break and allows me to re-focus on the task at hand.

This might help :D http://www.600riders.com/forum/bar/6974-searching-forum.html

J

jsteinb95

I am on 20 hours a day, 7 days a week. I feel like I'm married to the forum instead of sportrider! :thumbup:

CMHrider

Reaction score
Visit site
I work 12 hour shifts over night and have the forum up most of the time. Right now our main computer program is undergoing maintenance so I have nothing to do but homework and surf the web and read posts. I too tend to read more than I post. Many times I"m looking for knowledge and feel I don't have much to add that would be beneficial.

Shafe716

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm pretty much on for my whole work day. not sure what the deal was this morning if the site was down or what.... but I was lost! :eek: I didn't know what to do.

SBN filled the void for a little bit, but I'm glad it's back up!:cheer: just not the same over there.:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I work from Home...when i am not playing gigs, and spend way too many hours on my PC answering e-mail, writing Ad's, editorial, etc, etc. So i have the forum running in the background, and have a look whenever i am bored, or struggling with what i am doing!

Friendliest forum i have come across.

:rockon:

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm pretty much on for my whole work day. not sure what the deal was this morning if the site was down or what.... but I was lost! :eek: I didn't know what to do.

SBN filled the void for a little bit, but I'm glad it's back up!:cheer: just not the same over there.:thumbup:

I would say we have a bit of an addiction lol. I was at SBN as well.. filling that void hehe

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
I surf between and during projects at work for 10-20 min at a time, helps clear my mind...circuit design can be frustrating and tedious. Once in awhile I'll sign on from home after work or on the weekends but not too often, thats when I'm out riding and enjoying the summer! I really dont know how I made it through the workday without the forum! The past few weeks I've been traveling a lot for work so my activity (and riding time) has gone down but I think all that is over for now. :rockon:

Numpty

Reaction score
Visit site
Most lunch times but only get half an hour to read posts,its never enough time :thumbdown .Then evenings when the kids are not doing homework. :D