Holy Cow ! FZ6 hits a deer...

FZ6biker

Reaction score
Visit site
Holy Cow! or Deer maybe this FZ6 rider hits a deer and still makes it out fine in one piece.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaSEOaJ5phY]YouTube - FZ6 vs Deer[/ame]

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh yeah I've seen this on youtube many times. It’s amazing that he did not crash. Our FZ6 are made of indestructible material..:rockon:
Funny thing is, this is the first video I've seen last year when I stated to look into FZ6 as my first bike.

fuzzylogic

Reaction score
Visit site
yeah, i've seen that vid before. he is beyond lucky, especially with it being wet already. it actually looks like the fz6 just slices through the deer like a razor blade. i say this because you see the deer cross in front of him, then there is the impact, and then you soo what looks to be a leg flying back infront of the windscreen.

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
yeah, i've seen that vid before. he is beyond lucky, especially with it being wet already. it actually looks like the fz6 just slices through the deer like a razor blade. i say this because you see the deer cross in front of him, then there is the impact, and then you soo what looks to be a leg flying back infront of the windscreen.

I think that may be some of his plastics

jody.adams

Reaction score
Visit site
Dude, it looks like that Fizzer sliced through that deer like a Ginsu knife!

That looks like his hind leg going over the top. I bet the deer kept going for a ways and then collapsed. In super slowmo it does look more like a piece of fairing.

He didn't even have chance to brake and that's probably what saved him. The bike was more stable at higher speed. I'll keep this one in mind (and duck) when riding in northern Maine. Not sure I'd be as lucky with a Moose.

Last edited:

fizz_off

Reaction score
Visit site
I watched that a couple of times and outside of starting up, and after he hits the "thing" (wasn't too clear what was hit from the video), I don't think his speedo EVER goes lower than 70 - if that was shot in the U. S. and the speedo was in MPH, I have to wonder why the $%^& was he going so friggin' fast, on a secondary (2 lane - 1 in each direction road, no less :spank: ) **AND** in the rain to boot? Talk about ASKING for bad things to happen?!? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Feel badly for him (more so for the deer) but still...

joe1971

Reaction score
Visit site
All of the roads around here are of that type, and 70 is the speed limit. You're not gonna go slower than that unless you want a 4 horse trailer up your a**

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Like others have said, it's a repost. Actually, been posted multiple times. But use the search tab and read all the post about the dear. Like others have said, he's a member here on this forum and he went into pretty good detail on the incident. Pretty interesting read. Hope you can find it. The deer was not hurt.