High Speed Bearing for Wheels

jairz

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, Would like to check with all, is high speed bearings for the front and rear wheels more recommended or normal bearings will be sufficient?

i have a bro having steering bearing having problem. any suggestions how long to change the steering bearing?

any idea wat are the bearings part numbers for steering and wheels bearing? :rockon:

y0s_bikey

Reaction score
Visit site
I have jus changed a full set of bearings (Cone bearing, front wheel, rear wheel and sprocket). Cone bearing there isn't any other changable models. for wheel bearings, I check with a few old experienced mechanics for advise on the high speed bearings as previously on my R6 the bearings are all high speed bearing so i was enquiring whether Fz can change to high speed bearings anot too. All of them advise me not to use dat. I have check with my bearing supplier as well, and they dun recommend me to change to the high speed bearings as well.

These are the part numbers:

Sprocket: 93317-43580
Rear: 93306-20531
Front: 93306-00420

Sorry I lost the cone bearing part number.

Last edited:

farish

The Beast™
Reaction score
Visit site
Yos:

FYI,

As posted on facebook. I just ordered "All balls" tapered rolling bearings as recommended by many in this forum.

This product is available over at e bay :)

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
All Balls sells steering head bearings. The wheel bearings are different.

Normal bearings are good to at least 10,000 RPM. For a 17" wheel, that translates to about 624 miles per hour.

So I don't think you'll need high speed bearings.

Fred

wolfe1down

Go hard or go home!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Jairz, for a 2004-2005 FZ6:

All Balls PN 22-1004 (steering bearings) | $33.54 - I just installed these awesome!! bearings on my '05. The stock ones were shot at only 7300kms :(
All Balls PN 25-1403 (wheel bearing - front) | $26.31
All Balls PN 25-1476 (wheel bearing - rear) | $58.74

Hope this helps :thumbup:

y0s_bikey

Reaction score
Visit site
another thing to look out for,
the bearings dun come with grease in them. So u probably would wan to take out the cover and grease them before installing.

bob808

Reaction score
Visit site
another thing to look out for,
the bearings dun come with grease in them. So u probably would wan to take out the cover and grease them before installing.

Can anyone else confirm this? I'm about to buy a set of All Balls front wheel bearings so I'd like to know if I need to grease them or not. I also replaced the bearings on both wheels on a Suzuki DR650SE with All Balls ones and I'd like to know if I need to grease them before hitting the mountain :confused: . I think the seals are plastic and I might ruin them if I try to get them out from the bearing.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
ANY NORMAL Quality bearing that has Grease Seals to keep out dirt out/Keep Grease IN, is ready to be installed. Typically referred to as "sealed bearings".

Unlike head bearings, wheel bearing are sealed and need not be "opened" before being installed.

The head bearings (i.e. tapered roller bearings) usually SHIP with an Anti-Rust coating which is NOT GREASE and must be cleaned, dried, and packed with grease before being installed.

By packed with grease - not just smeared on the outside but forced between the Inner bearing and the cage from the larger side of the bearing to the smaller side of the tapered bearing. Your goal is to fill the area inside the cage between the bearings with grease leaving NO AIR POCKETS. (Utube - How to hand pack a wheel bearing) Work your way around forcing grease into the bearing from all 360 degrees of access. When the grease comes out clean in large quantity, the bearing can be installed. Obviously apply grease to the outer race and roller bearing too.

Last edited:

tyler2011

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited: