High pitched noise - fuel pump?

Is there anything one can actually DO about it so it goes away forever? It seems that not all high-pressure (EFI) fuel pumps are that noisy... Is it about a transformer?
There's no transformer.

Should my pump start making noises not normally there (28,000 miles currently, original pump), I'd change it.

Especially if doing a road trip. Good luck finding a pump and replacing it while "on the road"...

I believe several members used this pump (way less expensive) than the Yamaha pump:
(Might do a search to confirm)

Yesterday I didn't really notice the noise while riding, only at one point when I was blinking riding out (it affects it)...
Let's see whether it is bothersome in the end. I just bought this bike, so I'm listening to every detail. And that fuel pump noise is really there. Considering it doesn't have to be - @TownsendsFJR1300 you don't have it - I'll consider changing the pump if annoying...
And then your link will surely be of use, I read in one of your previous post replies that the OEM one is $ 380!
Thanks a lot!

Yesterday I didn't really notice the noise while riding, only at one point when I was blinking riding out (it affects it)...
Let's see whether it is bothersome in the end. I just bought this bike, so I'm listening to every detail. And that fuel pump noise is really there. Considering it doesn't have to be - @TownsendsFJR1300 you don't have it - I'll consider changing the pump if annoying...
And then your link will surely be of use, I read in one of your previous post replies that the OEM one is $ 380!
Thanks a lot!

Your welcome.

Just as an FYI, (and I only hear mine on start up), here's a video of my bike (taken on 9/10/2016) to document voltages/RPM's):

You cannot hear the fuel pump (caveat, I do have aftermarket pipes-kinda throaty at the lower RPMs).

It's very rare I let the tank get below half ways full/empty...

Back