Hey sportrider

bikerider

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice truck. Id sport that at the track. I need to retire my mustang and try and run one of these. Bet its cheap to fix up.

pchbreeze

Custom Abuser
Reaction score
Visit site
I was looking for a mini-truck to make a project, but wanted something pre-smog since i live in CA...couldn't find anything so i bought a new Tacoma taht hopefully I can sell in the future...but its in teh plans to do teh same :Flash:

poorwboy

Reaction score
Visit site
I was looking for a mini-truck to make a project, but wanted something pre-smog since i live in CA...couldn't find anything so i bought a new Tacoma taht hopefully I can sell in the future...but its in teh plans to do teh same :Flash:
There's actually a newer tacoma at the track I frequent that has a huge turbo and run's 11 second quarter miles. I live in cali to, But if you put a motor out of something the same year or newer it is legal. I was thinking of a terminater motor or a ls1 for my mazda. Or even the new 323 turbo motor. Probably turbo I am addicted to turbos.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
There's actually a newer tacoma at the track I frequent that has a huge turbo and run's 11 second quarter miles. I live in cali to, But if you put a motor out of something the same year or newer it is legal. I was thinking of a terminater motor or a ls1 for my mazda. Or even the new 323 turbo motor. Probably turbo I am addicted to turbos.

Probobly has a 2jz-gte (supra turbo) motor in it. I have seen a few of those around my town. Sick! also we have a few Mitsubishi Mighty Max's with 4g63t (evo motor) that are putting down insane numbers and they are all wheel drive! and you can apply the "sleeper" title to any of them.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
oh yeah did i mention.... no pudhrods!

< I can hear the whole forum saying "damn kids"

Edit: pudhrods? i swear i can spell pushrods!

Last edited:

poorwboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Probobly has a 2jz-gte (supra turbo) motor in it. I have seen a few of those around my town. Sick! also we have a few Mitsubishi Mighty Max's with 4g63t (evo motor) that are putting down insane numbers and they are all wheel drive! and you can apply the "sleeper" title to any of them.

Actually the tacoma has the stock 4 banger, If he had a 2jz it would be a whole diffrent story. The 4g63 motor is awesome, I have had a few and they run. My buddy actually had a galant vr4 4 door with a 4g63. You should of seen peoples eyes when that thing hit boost. He went low 11's in that.:D

H

HavBlue

Yep, cheap , light, and slight sleeper effect. Giggity.

Now this is a perfect definition for VW. Ultra cheap, very light, super sleeper abilities, unbelievably easy to get parts for and so beyond quick.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Actually the tacoma has the stock 4 banger, If he had a 2jz it would be a whole diffrent story. The 4g63 motor is awesome, I have had a few and they run. My buddy actually had a galant vr4 4 door with a 4g63. You should of seen peoples eyes when that thing hit boost. He went low 11's in that.:D

I have two buddies who have Galant gsx's (4wd non-turbo) that have been turbo'd I know exactly what you mean! and because they are not VR-4's people dont know what hit 'em!

poorwboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Now this is a perfect definition for VW. Ultra cheap, very light, super sleeper abilities, unbelievably easy to get parts for and so beyond quick.

Yes, It would be a joy to drive. I dont know what people would think when they saw a mazda b2300 shaking the ground and pulling 10 second passes.:Flash:

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
LS or LT- won's (lol) are nice. I have a 94' Z-28 and love that motor. The new LSs' are much easier to tune and get more power from. However, boost is also nice. Some of my buddies here at school are big into turbos and I must admit they are fun.

-944 turbo, built motor, large Turbo (not sure on size) Megasquirt, coil overs, 400 hp
-2005 STI, 40R, Nitrous, Meth injection, Billit Crank, forged internals, Stand alone...700+ to all 4 (that car is f-ing nuts)
-2001 WS-6 with a rear mount Turbo...not the most effective, but neat.

I swear though, if I had a turbo car all I would do is get it to start spooling, then let off..
I would do that all day, lol just to hear it.

-bryan