Hey all you all you South Aussie FZ6 riders, who's interested in getting together for a ride?

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
We will be out that way on Sunday...we could meet you at Birdwood, and you could come for a bit of a blat with us?....the more the merrier.

As for a better way from Birdwood to Angaston, there is only really one way, and it aint that great....it's at the boring end of the Adelide Hills..where they start to flatten out! :eek:

Ozzieboy(Mike) could find a winding road in the middle of the desert! He might have some other idea's.....Mike????

What you really need to do is get to Birdwood, and then use that as a kick off point for some of the great roads nearby.....Lobethal Road, Cuddly Creek Road, Greenhill Road, and Palmer Road ( a bit further out towards Murray Bridge...but well worth it!)

If you are interested in catching up Sunday to meet us, and maybe even go for a blat, PM me, and we will pull it together.

:thumbup:

I've been that way three times now and reached the decision that councils out that way don't even consider us FZ6 riders when they put roads in..lol.. All entirely too straight:spank::spank:. Wolfman is, however spot on the mark when he says It's the gateway to the twistys (well in point of fact he didn't say that:spank: but it was probably a lot like what he was thinking....lol.):D
Cheers
Mike

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wolfman is, however spot on the mark when he says It's the gateway to the twistys (well in point of fact he didn't say that:spank: but it was probably a lot like what he was thinking....lol.):D
Cheers
Mike

That's exactly what i was thinking....south & west of Birdwood...it's all gravy re decent roads!

:rockon:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, here we are again. Another lovely day (shame about the radars everywhere) for a ride. We met fazer513, toured Birdwood motor museum and covered some kays in the hills. Just Wolfman and myself today.

Now comes the hard part...lol. Putting all the piccies up.

A couple of toranas and a nice mural on a HT Holden panel van (dead sexy:thumbup:).

Cheers
Mike

Attachments

• PC070117.jpg
    PC070117.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 37

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
But wait, there's more.....

Mad Max fans from O/S might recognize the red panel van.

Before and after hot rod.

A steam car.

And ever my fave....the RD:rockon:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
More.

There's loads of pics and Wolfman got more, so i'll leave some for him to put up and I'll slap some up in my albums.
Cheers
Mike

Attachments

• PC070144.jpg
    PC070144.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 36

fazer513

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A good day on the bike.
Birdwood was only the half way mark. Spent 2 hrs there talking with the others.
Then spent 2 1/2 hrs riding the awesome twisty roads. Just amazing.
Ozzieboy with those corners as your play ground I understand why you would hate straight roads.:(
We left Mildura at 6am, went via Ouyen, Pinnaroo, Murray Bridge and Birdwood.
2 hrs for lunch and meeting people.
twisties,twisties,twisties,twisties,twisties, you get the picture ;)
Angaston, Swan Reach, Loxton and back home 8:30pm.
902km for the day.
A great days riding.
The corner carvers amongst us may not understand the long distance stuff, but living out here its just part of it all.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, well as Ozzeboy said, it was just him & me yesterday....gotta say we did more stopping, eating & chatting yesterday, rather than riding, which sorta suited me, i was soooooo tired, actually was battling to keep my eyes open on the straight stretches later in the day.....:eek:

Red Bull, Coke & Coffee, were no match for my lack of energy yesterday....still it was a beautiful day, we met some great people, including Mr Fazer513, on his lovely FZ6S.

Here's some of my photo's from Birdwood Motor Museum....have a truckload more to post, but am about to go out for a bit, so will post more later...anyway, love the Delorean in the first photo....Ozzieboy's words were....where's the Flux Capacitor!!!!:eek:

View attachment 10888

View attachment 10889

View attachment 10890

View attachment 10891

View attachment 10892

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
More Photo's from the National Motor Museum at Birdwood...

First 2 shots are of what started out as a BMW! Then some looney came along and turned it into this!!!! Then, just to confirm his loonacy, he rode it across the Simpson Desert....

View attachment 10904

View attachment 10905

The 2nd two photo's of an extremely neat little Speedway bike...with an interesting story.

View attachment 10906

View attachment 10907

Finally the Goggomobile dart.....made of Fibreglass, weighs 250kg, and puts out a whopping 11hp!, it's an Australian thing!!! in fact, here's some additional info....

View attachment 10908

Goggomobil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
love the Delorean in the first photo....Ozzieboy's words were....where's the Flux Capacitor!!!!:eek:

Awesome looking photo's guys :thumbup: , i've been past that museum hundreds of times in the truck and often thought i should stop , but time is tight for an interstater :(..... I love Mikes comment..... If only it was on there we could all hook up together and go for a Killer FZ6 ride on the sweetest roads in the world...... Even go back in time before coppers had radars and noooooo traffic :D

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
902km for the day.
Glad you got to meet up with some of the the Adelaide guy's they sure do have some wicked rides........ Really hope to meet up with them for a ride one day myself :D........ 902 k's for the day :eek: is an iron ar$e effort and a half ..... I thought my 694 k's in one day was more than enough but that is just extreme......

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Whack all those pic's into an album like i did Wolf :thumbup: , i forgot to tell people that i'd finished my museum ablum :spank: but its there to look at all the same :D..... On the next trip i do there i'll get the history behind the bikes and match em all up :thumbup:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice pics guys.

Now, I got my new tyre, I wonder if there's anyone around here that want's to go for a bit of a blat through some twisties to "scrub 'er in"??? (Just gentle ones, don't wanna kill myself... yet... hmm, but what a way to go :D )

I'm thinking maybe 7pm, Tues or Wed... somewhere?? Any takers. I'll have to be done and back to my place by8:30 - 9:00 to get ready for work. Only 2.5 days to go, then holidays. Just wanna scrub them in before the Toy Run.

:)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice pics guys.

Now, I got my new tyre, I wonder if there's anyone around here that want's to go for a bit of a blat through some twisties to \"scrub 'er in\"??? (Just gentle ones, don't wanna kill myself... yet... hmm, but what a way to go :D )

I'm thinking maybe 7pm, Tues or Wed... somewhere?? Any takers. I'll have to be done and back to my place by8:30 - 9:00 to get ready for work. Only 2.5 days to go, then holidays. Just wanna scrub them in before the Toy Run.

:)

I'm in!

Tuesday works for me, wednesday sucks...flashdance!

where do you wanna meet?

:D