Hey all you all you South Aussie FZ6 riders, who's interested in getting together for a ride?

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No doubt Wolfman will slap up a post for this weekend but he might actually try to get some sleep first...lol. An hour usually keeps him trundling along....or it did today:thumbup:.

Yesterday Arvo (Saturday) I get a call to see if I want to go to the speedway. (from Wolfman with Matt (MT01) and the Wolf Cub (Wolf's boy).)
Feeling sickasadog:( (one word), I had to shower before I could decide if I'd make it. Great night out with some pics and maybe some vid (if it is worth it) to come.

Got home around midnight thirtyish and managed a whopping 4 hours sleep.
Met up with the guys at maccas for another nutritious brekky and hit the road.
The 'D' word road. It was a windy ride with some gravel on the road and even some traffic this time:eek: but nice nonetheless.

A coffee later we were all recharged ready to head off. Next stop Murray Bridge. Had another drink (much needed cold one this time) in the shade of a disused carwash....unused in the last 50 yrs perhaps:rof:. After solving all the worlds problems yet again we headed off for Birdwood.

The bulk of the ride thus far had been into a rotten headwind and fuel consumption was well down (I hit reserve at 180km or 110miles:eek:) so unfortunately the MT01 didn't last 'til the next fuel stop and we had to ferry some back from the next servo:noworries:.

Topped up at Birdwood at which point the info is leaked that it's Gary's birthday:cheer:. so a further plan is hatched to head back to his place and trash the joint:sinister:.....Ahem...:innocent:I mean, have a couple bevies.

Another great ride with some top blokes. I can't think of too many better ways to spend a day...well nothing with clothes on anyhow...lol.:thumbup:

[ame="http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=uERSb6V2Qp4"]YouTube - Speedway start[/ame]

Cheers
Mike

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice!!! Sorry I missed it. Didn't get Wolf's message until about 8:30 :(

Haven't been to speedway for years. The missus heard me swearing, asked what's wrong so I told her what I missed... Her reply, "Well, haven't you had a good time relaxing with your family???".... Yes dear, Of course I have...lol

:)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:eek:Yes it was a big weekend....Sorry you missed the Speedway Dave, but i only thought about inviting you guys very late in the piece, cause i had been given more tickets than i though i had!!!! Actually as i went to send the pm you were online, but by the time i sent it, you were gone...couldnt ring you, as only had your number in my old phone, and the battery was dead...and my ex has the charger....

Speedway was great, forgot how hard those Boys drive! :eek:

Would of been better if i did not have to leave early cause of work!...thanks Mike for getting the Wolf cub home safe....:thumbup:

After a particulary big & pleasureable Saturday Night, Sunday Morning....:spank::innocent:, i only managed 1 hours sleep before jumping on my bike, and meeting the boys at Macca's!!!!

Was still feeling the effects of my cold, and lets just say i have had more energy!!!!

Regardless of the fact that i was battling fatigue all day....i, we had a great ride...all 358km's from Macca's to my joint!

My bike was running like poop! would not rev past 10500 rpm....plugs are obviuosly shot!:thumbdown:, and the handling was not quite right....thinking i need to get that matching Pilot Power 2ct on the front.....(Tuesday, when bike gets serviced!!!!, just organised that this arvo), but regardless, i rode the wheels off the thing at the front for about 250km's, then i just couldnt find the energy to stay on it, so i waved Gary & Mike through, so they could have some fun, and not be stuck behind my sick, tired, and sorry butt!!!!

Yep, Matt ran out of petrol......and dissapeared off the back of the group.....i went looking for him, and was so glad when i saw him standing, steaming from the ears on the side of the road, rather than in the middle of a paddock somewhere...all messed up..

Mike won most useful C word of the day for his efforts in going to get petrol...that seat bag is a great "mod" Mike!!!!:thumbup:

It was at this point, as Mike mentioned, that we found out it was Gary's birthday.....gave him a swift kick with the size 11 Sidi for holding out on us!!!

So from there, it was a beeline back to Gary's, via the twisties for beers....and a bit of a celebration....ended up skanking out of there at about 9pm i think....was too tired to think!

Got home safe, from yet another awesome day out on the bike....apart from above mentioned woes, and some merciless head wind's!!!!! oh and a dive bombing Eagle (???) that took a serious shot at my head on Delamere Road....Had to duck at 140km/h to miss it!!!! And Mike said it was deliberate, the Bird came straight for my head!!!!! That's a new one for me!!!!

Here's some photo's i took while Mike was off getting petrol for Matt....again, good job, Mike! :thumbup:

Will post photo's from Speedway too....:thumbup:

The petrol guzzling Monster....bone dry on the side of the road!!!!

View attachment 10711

Matt's opinion of the running out of petrol situation!!!!!

View attachment 10712

Matt & Gary discussing World Peace, whilst waiting for Mike to return with Petrol for Matt!!

View attachment 10713

The Horses in the paddock that did not care about Matt's petrol dilemma!

View attachment 10714

:rockon:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There's no stopping us in SA!!!! Was feeling a bit bored...thought, gee it's not so bad out tonight, why not a night cruise......then think, Hmmmm....,Mike (Ozzieboy) finishes work soon....text sent....be at your house in 15....Lol! We are going for a cruise right NOW!...photo's will be taken!!!!

:rockon:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Now that looks like an awesome day out :thumbup: , trust the big lump of a thing to go *cough cough* *splutter splutter* stop.......Guess thats why they named it a MT :thumbup: :rof:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Now that looks like an awesome day out :thumbup: , trust the big lump of a thing to go *cough cough* *splutter splutter* stop.......Guess thats why they named it a MT :thumbup: :rof:

Lol......will tell Matt you said that....he will laugh, then ask if i know where you live!!!!!!:eek:

Freakin 1700cc's of petrol munching, carbon spewing, v twin.....gotta love it really...only the Japs would build something like this! 15 litre tank to boot....lol!

oh i hear bike....mike's here for our ride! :thumbup:

:thumbup:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lol......will tell Matt you said that....he will laugh, then ask if i know where you live!!!!!!:eek:

Freakin 1700cc's of petrol munching, carbon spewing, v twin.....gotta love it really...only the Japs would build something like this! 15 litre tank to boot....lol!

oh i hear bike....mike's here for our ride! :thumbup:

:rof::rof::rof: Tell him where i live , i could move outta town by the time he found the fuel to get here :thumbup: , have a good ride guys just watch that fuel gauge.......:D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, just got back from Ozzieboy's & my "Night Ride".......just call us the "Knight Riders" .....(wish there was a smiley for throwing up right now...that was a corny line!) :spank:

Anyway, here's a few pics from our photo taking venture around the Burbs of Adelaide....they did not turn out that well.....camera needs a better flash to take outside shots at night....next time i am taking the remote high powered flash!!!! :(

View attachment 10743

View attachment 10744

View attachment 10745

Not that it really matters, we still managed to find food, and some twisty roads to keep us interested....

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There's no stopping us in SA!!!! Was feeling a bit bored...thought, gee it's not so bad out tonight, why not a night cruise......then think, Hmmmm....,Mike (Ozzieboy) finishes work soon....text sent....be at your house in 15....Lol! We are going for a cruise right NOW!...photo's will be taken!!!!

FZ6 riding desperados...lol. The roads were nice and quiet and there were no people to gawp or get righteously indignant when we moved into lesser used ways for photo shoots...lol.

Now that looks like an awesome day out , trust the big lump of a thing to go *cough cough* *splutter splutter* stop.......Guess thats why they named it a MT

PMSLROFL ROFinPL. We're going to track him down a small flat pack style jerry can he can tuck in his man bag.:thumbup:

Ok, just got back from Ozzieboy's & my \"Night Ride\".......just call us the \"Knight Riders\" .....(wish there was a smiley for throwing up right now...that was a corny line!)
Anyway, here's a few pics from our photo taking venture around the Burbs of Adelaide....they did not turn out that well.....camera needs a better flash to take outside shots at night....next time i am taking the remote high powered flash!!!! :(

Not that it really matters, we still managed to find food, and some twisty roads to keep us interested....

First thing you did was find twistys...lol. I am still chuckling about where.:thumbup:
Need to practice flashing properly?..What the?...

Nice!!! Sorry I missed it. Didn't get Wolf's message until about 8:30 :(

Bugger.:spank: You didn't miss much. The good crashes didn't really start up 'til later on in the night:eek:.:spank:
Cheers
Mike

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
PMSLROFL ROFinPL. We're going to track him down a small flat pack style jerry can he can tuck in his man bag.:thumbup:

Oh we just have to do that!!!!:Flip:

[/QUOTE]First thing you did was find twistys...lol. I am still chuckling about where.:thumbup:
Need to practice flashing properly?..What the?...[/QUOTE]

Flashing....laziest indicator user ever when there is no-one else on the road.....what we need is an intercom!!! that would be good...no more screaming at each other!!!

[/QUOTE]Bugger.:spank: You didn't miss much. The good crashes didn't really start up 'til later on in the night:eek:.:spank:
Cheers
Mike[/QUOTE]

Yeah...after i had to leave...was mincing all the way to work! :(

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL...it wasn't that good actually...the crashes I mean. It's all very speccy but then you have to wait while it gets cleared up:spank:.

And they had another grader race:(...lol.

I've thought about an intercom thingy but about all you'd get all the time would be," effing dumb455 cager...WTF are you doing you idiot? No don't pull out.....DOH!.
Would come in handy some times though...."Hey Wolf, watch out for that bird....he's flying straight at your head"...lol.:D
Cheers
Mike

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hehe, I saw a bluetooth set the other day too. No good for me though... What's the range on Bluetooth.. I'd get left behind and out of range.... (Hmm, that could be a good thing...lol)..

As I get into range, it'd be something like... *WTF.. Where's the "Lurker" now??? :rof: :thumbup: :rolleyes:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hehe, I saw a bluetooth set the other day too. No good for me though... What's the range on Bluetooth.. I'd get left behind and out of range.... (Hmm, that could be a good thing...lol)..

As I get into range, it'd be something like... *WTF.. Where's the \"Lurker\" now??? :rof: :thumbup: :rolleyes:

The lurker cant have an intercom....not cool....then you wont be able to lurk...you would deliberately stay out of range, just so you could "Lurk"!

My theory is your actually a quicker rider than all of us...you just like lurking so much....you never let on.....that stuffed front tyre is just part of your "Ruse"!

:spank:

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My theory is your actually a quicker rider than all of us...you just like lurking so much....you never let on.....that stuffed front tyre is just part of your \\"Ruse\\"!

:spank:

Damn, my cover is blown :rof:

Speaking of tyres, I was saying to the missus about being "left behind", and she's given me the green light to go get a new one :thumbup:

So, where's the best place.. G&C or Maxi-moto??? Remember the Maxi guy saying $200 fitted for a Michy... do they fit them there???

edit.. Just remembered, a mate told me my tail-light was blown last night (after I passed him..lol).
Off to look at the manual to figure out how to get the tail-light assy off.

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Damn, my cover is blown :rof:

Speaking of tyres, I was saying to the missus about being \"left behind\", and she's given me the green light to go get a new one :thumbup:

So, where's the best place.. G&C or Maxi-moto??? Remember the Maxi guy saying $200 fitted for a Michy... do they fit them there???

edit.. Just remembered, a mate told me my tail-light was blown last night (after I passed him..lol).
Off to look at the manual to figure out how to get the tail-light assy off.

I dont think you even need to take the tail light off...just lift off your seat, you can get access to bulbs from under there.

I bought my last Michelin from Maxi...they fitted it while i waited. GC are a bit cheaper though i think......only just though. Maxi Moto fit nice 90degree valve stems though....very handy!

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I dont think you even need to take the tail light off...just lift off your seat, you can get access to bulbs from under there.

I bought my last Michelin from Maxi...they fitted it while i waited. GC are a bit cheaper though i think......only just though. Maxi Moto fit nice 90degree valve stems though....very handy!

Yup, just did it, took that cover off under the seat, out it pops.

Also, I saw your valve stems the other day, was going to ask where you got them from.
Cheers.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
taking a another bike for a test ride tomorrow....not selling the FZ, just want something bigger that i can ride to places like PI! Taking a 07 Suzuki SV1000S for a ride....only 4000km's, full Stainless Yoshi pipes, Braided lines, 120hp, fully adjustable suspenders, front & back...and black, just how i like em!

:eek:

Last edited:

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
taking a another bike for a test ride tomorrow....not selling the FZ, just want something bigger that i can ride to places like PI! Taking a 07 Suzuki SV1000S for a ride....only 4000km's, full Stainless Yoshi pipes, Braided lines, 120hp, fully adjustable suspenders, front & back...and black, just how i like em!

:eek:

Sweet, let us know how it goes. I looked at the SV650S when I bought my bike 3 years ago.
They are a nice looking bike, except for the huge pipe hanging off the side...
http://www.homewmart.com/pic/200801/111342423.jpg
just want something bigger that i can ride to places like PI!

Tell the truth, you just wanna keep Matt company when he runs out of fuel again...lol :Flip:

:D

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet, let us know how it goes. I looked at the SV650S when I bought my bike 3 years ago.

Tell the truth, you just wanna keep Matt company when he runs out of fuel again...lol :Flip:

:D

No the SV only uses about 17.5km per litre...comparable to the FZ6 even....

That's about 300km's from the 17 litre tank, not 150km's from a 15 litre tank like Matt's!!!!! :eek: