Help with throttle sync

05yamahafz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Im having some trouble syncing my throttle bodies on a 05 fz6, i have the idle at about 1320 rpm and then using a carbtune i first sync cyclinder #1 to 21.5 cmhg and then sync the rest to #1. After this the idle is around 1440 rpm and everything is in sync, when i reset the idle to 1320 everything is no longer in sync. i even got to one point where the idle screw didnt do anything.

I ended up taking it to the dealer for a sync and now the bike vibrates around 5000 rpms,so i checked the sync and they set the vacuum to high at around 22.5-23 cmhg.

I would like to get this synced properly myself, is it normal they way i first did it when you lower the idle after syncing and its no longer sycned or did i do it wrong.

S

Shamus McFeeley

Are you letting the engine reach its operating temp and revving the engine after making each adjustment?

hazy

Reaction score
Visit site
I thought you're are not suppose to make any adjustment to the first cylinder?Cylinder 2,3 and 4 are supposed to adjusted to match any reading from No.1.

05yamahafz6

Reaction score
Visit site
i did let it reach normal operating temps and reved after each change. i did change #1 only so it matched the value for vacuum in the service manual. maybe that was a mistake.

youngy

Reaction score
Visit site
Is it possible you adjusted the throttle valve adjusting screws instead of the air screws? Maybe the dealer did this?

hazy

Reaction score
Visit site
Just for information,FZ6 does inherit a buzzy engine.There is no amount of "fine tuning" that you can completely get rid of.Get yourself some after market grip will do the trick.

05yamahafz6

Reaction score
Visit site
I made sure that I only used the throttle sync screws. The bike was more buzzy than normal after the dealer synced.

Is it normal though say that the idle is at 1350 and after the sync the idle is at 1440 and everything is lined up, when i I lower the idle back down to 1350, the throttle bodies are no longer synced sitting at idle and have some differences between each other.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
When I sync'ed my 07 it had annoying buzz at 4K, right thru the seat to my butt. I initially turned the idle up to 1300 (I usually keep it at 1000) and adjusted until they were all even. You do not have to have them all set at a certain vaccuum. Its not that critical... They were within spec's but were definitly off. I got them well within spec's now.

As long as their all even its fine. I did try re-syning at 4K RPM's besides at 1300 RPM and fine tuned them so that at 4K AND AT IDLE they were all even. That's with a carb mate tuner as well..

It got rid of 90% of the vibes...

Once done, I lowered the idle back to 1000.

**As a side note, I put a heavy duty fan blowing on the front of the bike while syncing, and do several rev's after making any adjustments to check your progress.. I also did my FJR the same way (it doesn't have a "common box" very convenient) to make the adjustments. There's a separate air screw on each FI body..

Last edited:

tomari

Just a custom user title!
Reaction score
Visit site
bleep the throttle a little after each adjustment and TAKE THE SCREWDRIVER OFF THE SCREW !!!!! it makes difference!