Helmetzzzz

Azz

Angry Hornet
Elite Member
Reaction score
4zzdawg.com
i have the xr1100 and love it! once you try it on you will want it

Thanks everyone again, I went and tried some on today, I like the Sharks for the money, they seem (to me) to be as good quality as the Arais or the Shoeis.

Liking the look of the RSI and the RSR2, both seem to fit pretty snugly.

Now I just need moneyyyy!

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had a Shark RSF2Race, bought it back in '05 when I bought the bike. It was getting old, so I got an AGV TiTech. If I could swap the AGV for another Shark, I'd do it in a heartbeat... Really don't like the AGV.

I will be getting another Shark shortly (soon as I can talk the finance minister into it). I've actually gone back to wearing my old Shark in the last 2 months, awesome helmet.

:rockon:

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea my HJC was amazingly good for the price, and I kind of regret not taking the time to check out dealers who were selling those when I got my new helmet!
The Shoei was far more expensive and a better fit compared to my several year old HJC (an unfair comparison since the inners had all worn out) and has less wind noise, but I think comparing the equal lines of the two brands you would be hard pressed to really notice a difference!

The biggest thing to watch for is that helmet brands have different helmet shapes so not all will fit your head no matter how good the deal is or how cool the graphics match your bike. At the helmetwarehouse I wore the helmet for a good 15 minutes at their insistence while looking around the shop to make sure it was a great fit and didn't cause discomfort during longer wear.

Azz

Angry Hornet
Elite Member
Reaction score
4zzdawg.com
Hey guys,

Just got my helmet, I'm pretty sure I went against all of your suggestions :BLAA:
But I got the Arai Vector shown here
arai09_helmet_vector_spike_red__06984_zoom.jpg

It was the best fit of the lot, and they had it for $500!
It was down from 800 to 650, then they had a lot in this colour so they bought it down again! Needless to say, I was stunned, especially because it was ProMotorcycles that I got it from :eek:

Anyway, just thought I'd let you know :)

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
we all have different heads, and what is best for one person may not be so comfortable on someone else.

:rockon:

Very true , my AGV is super comfy for me but I cant wear Arai or Shoei because they push on my forehead..

I seriously hope that means I dont have a Rossi shaped head :(

Evitzee

Reaction score
Visit site
I cant wear Arai or Shoei because they push on my forehead..

Yes, you can wear an Arai, try an Arai Profile which has a long oval shape. I have the same problem as you, but the Profile was specially designed with our kind of head shape in mind.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
I love my AGV Stealth but its getting tired :( I really wanted to try a HJC or SHARK RdP but this helmet is WOW !!!!!! https://www.thehelmetwarehouse.com.au/store.php?crn=527&rn=3030&action=show_detail

What shall I do :confused:

This is the one!
934_image.jpg

Seriously you need to try on a GP-tech. They are amazing.

https://www.thehelmetwarehouse.com.au/store.php?crn=217&rn=934&action=show_detail

Edit: that said, I have two HJC's (one full face and one modular) and really like them.

Last edited:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This is the one!
934_image.jpg

Seriously you need to try on a GP-tech. They are amazing.

https://www.thehelmetwarehouse.com.au/store.php?crn=217&rn=934&action=show_detail

Edit: that said, I have two HJC's (one full face and one modular) and really like them.

Ohh dear :shakehead: :shakehead: & thats the exact same 'stunned mullet' look I had on my face when you told me to get that helmet :spank:

The helmet might be great but the graphics everytime I see that picture of the clown I wanna stick a ping pong ball in his mouth to try win a prize :rof: :rof:

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Ohh dear :shakehead: :shakehead: & thats the exact same 'stunned mullet' look I had on my face when you told me to get that helmet :spank:

The helmet might be great but the graphics everytime I see that picture of the clown I wanna stick a ping pong ball in his mouth to try win a prize :rof: :rof:

Kazza's not gonna like that! :spank::D

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Dan, you are asking for trouble :rant:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk