Helmet Fit Question

Flat_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a bell star online after trying it on at a local store. What I bought online was slightly different than what I tried on. Bell changed their sizing for the new star and I was buying the old shape. I was told that because the medium in the store fit me slightly loose, but the small was too tight, that I should order a small in the old style like I was getting.

Anyway, I've now got the helmet and I'm not really sure it fits my head how it should…my problem is that I ordered it from motorcycle closeouts and their return policy is absolutely terrible.

The issues I'm seeing are that my chin is almost sticking out at the front and it doesn't seem like the neck roll comes down far enough.

My big question is, should the neck roll reach below the top of my spine?

I can upload some pictures if it would help.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Pictures will help. Back of full face helmet should sit relatively high. It should allow you to tuck way down and look up, without bottoming out on your back.

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
externally it looks fine to me

how do you find it fits your head? any pressure points? if you hold onto the helmet are you able to move your head around much inside (you shouldn't be able to)

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

how do you find it fits your head? any pressure points? if you hold onto the helmet are you able to move your head around much inside (you shouldn't be able to)

+1 to all :thumbup:

Flat_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site

I can't move anything. It has a few very light pressure points, but other than that it's comfy. Maybe I'm just not used to a "race" helmet, all I have to compare are an icon alliance and variant.

Thanks for the help!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not familiar with the Bell brand, but Shoei allows the option of changing out parts of the interior cushions, such as the cheeks pads in the event it's too tight or loose.

Overtime, the cushions will settle in with more use, and your helmet will not feel as tight as it did when you first tried it on.

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
should add that i think Bell are known for making pretty decent helmets, I know at least 1 racer who swears by them (and he's crashed a lot)

fit is important though, no use having a quality helmet if it doesn't fit properly

Flat_FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not familiar with the Bell brand, but Shoei allows the option of changing out parts of the interior cushions, such as the cheeks pads in the event it's too tight or loose.

Overtime, the cushions will settle in with more use, and your helmet will not feel as tight as it did when you first tried it on.
Bell also offers a range of cheek pads, if they break in too much I can pick up a pair.

should add that i think Bell are known for making pretty decent helmets, I know at least 1 racer who swears by them (and he's crashed a lot)

fit is important though, no use having a quality helmet if it doesn't fit properly
After wearing it around the house I think it fits fine.