Helment Breath Box

tag1963

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm having len's fogging issues when I ride into work in the morning. So I just ordered a breath box for my HJC CL-15 Helment. Was wondering if you anybody out there has one of these boxes for their helment and what their thought's are concerning the breath box.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm having len's fogging issues when I ride into work in the morning. So I just ordered a breath box for my HJC CL-15 Helment. Was wondering if you anybody out there has one of these boxes for their helment and what their thought's are concerning the breath box.
Please post a link or some pictures. I wear glasses and it is the single biggest thing that I dislike about riding.

Nelly

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

My husband has a breath box in his new helmet and still has fogging issues. I recently purchased a Pinlock for my HJC and absolutely love it - no fogging so far - and have had the opportunity to ride it in a variety of situations that would have had me fogged up big time. (And I have an HJC CL-15 as well.)

AlanB

Reaction score
Visit site
My HJC never fogged at all. My new Shoei TZR, on the other hand, fogged like crazy without a breath guard. With the breath guard it's not so bad, but still worse than the HJC. Anybody know if the Foggy for the Shoei is any better than the one that comes with it?

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Perfect timing on this thread! I have an HJC CL-SP that is pretty good for the most part but is starting to fog now that the weather is getting cooler in the mornings. I didn't know they made these aftermarket; I thought you had to buy a helmet with one already in it.

Anyone have any good suggestions for an aftermarket breath box that works well with HJC CL-SP?

Red Scorpion

Reaction score
Visit site
Had the same problem with the EXO 700, I wear glasses so I pulled the breath guard and that helped some. But now I am gonna try a balaclava and a pair of Scott snowmobile goggles with the breath guard to see if it will fit in the helmet with the shield removed. Scott claims them to be fog proof so we'll see. These goggles also adapt to changing light conditions going from nearly clear in low light to dark in sunlight. blue tint.;)

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i know that a lot of the amateur racers around here swear by these things when it is raining or when it is getting cold out.

I want to get some sort of solution going, but i am working alright with just having the shield cracked a little bit...at least until i win powerball and can afford all the toys and mods that i want

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Get a PINLOCK visor fitted and all your problems will be over.

Plus you can put the pinlock on your next visor when you change it.

Steve

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My HJC AC-11 comes with one. I had to remove it as it interfered with the way my glasses sat on my nose.

Nelly