Hello from NC..well, Iraq right now

aaronrosencrans

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys and gals, I figured I'd post something up here, cuz it's the thing to do.

I bought my first motorcycle, which happened to be my FZ6, in 2005 as a college graduation present to me, and I've been a happy owner ever since.

I'm a Soldier, currently in Iraq, so I've had a little time to think about what I want to do with my FZ6 when I get back. I'm going to be putting some new tires on (because it's been sitting for a little while...neglect) right when I get back, I was looking at some exhausts, a potential handlebar mod, some under body lights (cheesy, but damn nice in my opinion), and I'll be browsing through the threads, looking for new ideas.

If you happen to have any suggestions, I'm all ears!

Take it easy y'all! Here are some pictures...you'll notice, it's STOCK.

Aaron

:needpics:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the pics! Looks like you have another thing to look forward to upon your return to the USA! Thank for your service, you along with several other FZ6 members who also serve are very brave, and we all here look forward to your posts. In the meantime, how about some pics from Iraq? Sidshowdowns sent us some pics that were pretty neat.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
welcome to the site and thank you for your service, we look forward to your safe return and check out the mods section, there are tons of great ideas in there!

Ride lots (when you get back) and post often!!!

Mr.Spoofy

Reaction score
Visit site
Aaron, thanks for your service. Drop me a PM or something sometime, I live in the Southern Pines, Aberdeen area, just a short ride to Bragg. I end up in Fayetteville once a month or so usually to Hayes Hobby House for parts. I hope to add on my first mod soon myself, but for now I'm very happy with it being stock too.

Andy

Zack

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice color. I guess you can't wait to get back and take it for spin. Just keep safe there and don't risk anything. Hope your tour tour is over soon...
Bye
Zack

Combat

Reaction score
Visit site
So where you sitting at in Iraq? I was at FOB Falcon over in Raghdad. I bet you can't wait to get home to your bike =P Keep safe man.

mattcouch

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys and gals, I figured I'd post something up here, cuz it's the thing to do.

I bought my first motorcycle, which happened to be my FZ6, in 2005 as a college graduation present to me, and I've been a happy owner ever since.

I'm a Soldier, currently in Iraq, so I've had a little time to think about what I want to do with my FZ6 when I get back. I'm going to be putting some new tires on (because it's been sitting for a little while...neglect) right when I get back, I was looking at some exhausts, a potential handlebar mod, some under body lights (cheesy, but damn nice in my opinion), and I'll be browsing through the threads, looking for new ideas.

If you happen to have any suggestions, I'm all ears!

Take it easy y'all! Here are some pictures...you'll notice, it's STOCK.

Aaron

:needpics:

I did the same thing.....got me an FZ6, but mine was my I got back from Iraq and didn't get blowed-up (too bad). :thumbup:

Be safe and happy hunting!

-Matt
OIF IV
3-20th Special Forces Group (AIRBORNE)

sideshow_downs

Finally Summer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Make it home safe. Im currently deployed as well im picking my FZ up on leave in a few months. Im at Camp Liberty for the second time now

4 Infantry Division
deployed 04-05, 07-09

Last edited:

aaronrosencrans

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the support! It's nice to see lots of FZ riders who are service members too! I'll be back SOON...a little more than a month or so left at Camp Liberty, then I'll be zooming around NC.

In the meantime, as requested, here are some of my photos from Iraq. I am actually a journalist for the Army, so I get to go out and take a bunch of shots of cool stuff (and not so cool too) around the Baghdad and Taji area. All my photos and stories we used in products are on DVIDS - Digital Video and Imagery Distribution System. That's where all the stories, which are written by Soldiers with boots on the ground are posted.

I'll be seeing you guys on the road soon!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Cool! Great pics from a professional, keep 'em coming. Stay safe and thanks once again for your time spent here on this forum and your time over there.

aaronrosencrans

Reaction score
Visit site
Aaron, thanks for your service. Drop me a PM or something sometime, I live in the Southern Pines, Aberdeen area, just a short ride to Bragg. I end up in Fayetteville once a month or so usually to Hayes Hobby House for parts. I hope to add on my first mod soon myself, but for now I'm very happy with it being stock too.

Andy

Hey Andy! I'll get a hold of ya when I get back and get settled. I have two buddies back at Bragg with BMWs and I need some more FZs to balance the group out!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Welcome man!

Get home safe and sound. Did time as an Inf 1SG in OIF 06-07. Was at Liberty Complex, PSD & PTT missions, and had a seperate platoon down at Camp Delta.

Get bike, BTW!

Just saw you're a 46Q, I did that gig for a bit, the Queen of Battle was calling my name back. Nice work and thanks for the link.

aaronrosencrans

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Welcome man!

Get home safe and sound. Did time as an Inf 1SG in OIF 06-07. Was at Liberty Complex, PSD & PTT missions, and had a seperate platoon down at Camp Delta.

Get bike, BTW!

Just saw you're a 46Q, I did that gig for a bit, the Queen of Battle was calling my name back. Nice work and thanks for the link.

Good stuff 1SG!

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Great pics, thanks for your service! I ride with a Beemer guy, always like to remind him BMW stands for Big Money Wasted or Bring My Wallet.

armystrong

feeling Triumphant
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
Aaron
I was a tanker for 12 years and now I'm a Public Affairs Officer, 46A (I know big change). I worked with DVIDS when I was over there too. We also started the MNF-I You tube page...check it out if you get a chance. The last month should fly by and you should be back on 2 wheels soon.