heavy 2 up

desperate

Reaction score
Visit site
My current wife has just started to ride pillion with me, now neither of us are skinney so total weight is about 415lb. (weight is going down slowly)

Is that a bit much for the fz and should I get a bigger bike, We don't intend to tour (yet) just the odd sunday hour run to the coast.

The bike does sink down a fair bit but handles well and still has enough power for the riding style when 2 up.

All your honest thoughts please.

Ps

"I luuuurve da cake"

flhtifz

Reaction score
Visit site
Honest thoughts,,,,well,,,,you call her your "current wife"....so I would suggest you check the weight of your "next" wife and go from there. hahahahahahhahahha
I kill me !

larryinpa

Reaction score
Visit site
My owners manual shows 419lbs as the weight limitation, so you're up against that. It may be more fun and safer?) with a bigger bike

mglowe

Reaction score
mglowe.public.iastate.edu
Get a second FZ6 and both of you ride together.

Other than that, you are in limits but you should watch the kind surfaces you ride over [bumps and such] and you may need to visually inspect the bike more often for stress cracks around the mono shock.

DaveK

Reaction score
Visit site
2 up fully loaded the fz6 is alot slower, but can still sit at 80, 90 mph no problem, overtaking just req's higher revs :)

Im not expecting to be keeping up with most bikes when fully loaded 2 up

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ has great brakes, I wouldn't worry about that.
Sounds as it is working out just fine. The FZ can do it as long as you are riding easy while using plenty of rpms to get the job done however I would think the Suziki Bandit 1250 would be a better 2 up bike.
Be sure to inflate your tires to the max for that load and have fun!