Heated Hand Grips

jamesfz6

The faster red one!
Reaction score
Visit site
It is 100 degrees in texas 9 months out of the year. Then the real cold weather hits from december through january. During that time it doesnt get hotter than 85 or so.......i will look into the grips this fall so i can prepare for the winter months.

Hopefully you guys know this is a joke....:D

I wouldnt wait till the fall to start looking for grips. I would do it in the summer time so i have time to price shop.:thumbup:

rodb

junior, well, hardly ...
Reaction score
Visit site
i have successfully commuted all winter (except for about 10 or so days around freezing - i wasnt trying to tempt fate on ice!). with my great armoured jacket and a oversized rain suit, i can keep as snug as a bug in a rug - except for my hands!
i actually bought a set of heated grips for $80, but never did get them installed when i saw their soluion for 2 power levels was a toggle switch which either delivered 30 watts or 15 watts, and did it by just dumping 15 watts through a resistor! i figure there has to be a better, more efficient solution than this, like some kind of mini switching power supply. once i solve this, grips get installed before next winter!

yamagamma

Reaction score
Visit site
I put a set of Symtek pads on mine.
Symtec Motorcycle Grip Heater Kit w/round rocker switch: Motorcycle Accessories from California Sport Touring, Inc.
Thes guys are great to deal with.

The kit only cost $26 and the grips are straightforward to install. Peel and stick, splice in the wiring, drill a hole for the switch. They work well. Use an airline to blow off the old grips, and when you install the grips lubricate the grips with carb cleaner, makes them slide on easy and dries nice and sticky so the grips don't slip. The nice thing about this kit is you get to use the OEM grips. I don't like some of the afterrmarket grips like Oxford or Hot Grips as the actual grips are too thick and too hard for my liking.

One of the pads in my Symtek kit had a fault and kept blowing the fuse, emailed symtek and they sent me a free replacement the same day. Great service for a $26 item.

Yamagamma