Trackside Heated Grips

Blur125

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, I'm relatively new here and have a problem.

I bought a set of these heated grips from Cycle Gear in Cali:

TRACKSIDE Deluxe Heated Grips - Cruiser Gear - Cycle Gear

The problem I discovered is that the throttle side grip is too wide in diameter for the throttle tube. Basically, it doesn't grip the throttle tube at all. The left grip fit perfectly.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so, what was your fix?

Any suggestions for how to get these working? I've seen some threads mentioning wrapping the throttle tube in electrical tape, but that seems really bad to me. Any help is much appreciated!

Cycle gear told me I can cut off the left heated grip (as its hairsprayed on pretty good), but before I do this, I want to ensure I haven't overlooked anything.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, I'm relatively new here and have a problem.

I bought a set of these heated grips from Cycle Gear in Cali:

TRACKSIDE Deluxe Heated Grips - Cruiser Gear - Cycle Gear

The problem I discovered is that the throttle side grip is too wide in diameter for the throttle tube. Basically, it doesn't grip the throttle tube at all. The left grip fit perfectly.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so, what was your fix?

Any suggestions for how to get these working? I've seen some threads mentioning wrapping the throttle tube in electrical tape, but that seems really bad to me. Any help is much appreciated!

Cycle gear told me I can cut off the left heated grip (as its hairsprayed on pretty good), but before I do this, I want to ensure I haven't overlooked anything.
Looking at "For standard 7/8" handlebars with twist throttle" I would contact Cycle Gear and have them replace them for grips that actually fit your bike made by a known brand like Oxford. At their cost. They don't do what they say they will - trade descriptions act.

Also, you don't need to cut the old grips off unless they have been glued. You can just lift them up a bit with a screw-driver and spray WD-40 inside and work them off. Needs quite a bit of WD-40 and be careful not to scratch your bars.

fazed_ya

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey blur i have those grips. There ****!!! Barely heat up. I put 1 layer of electical tape around the tube. Fits fine but what youll find is they don't fit the bar ends take them back.

Blur125

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey blur i have those grips. There ****!!! Barely heat up. I put 1 layer of electical tape around the tube. Fits fine but what youll find is they don't fit the bar ends take them back.

Thanks Fazed. I figured it was coming down to that. Any recommendations on heated grips? I know I can get the cheapy wraps for around $35, but I'm willing to go up to $60 for some decent ones...I heard the wraps don't have equal heat distribution.

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a pair of these about 2 years ago and never fitted them. Pay $10 to pack and ship them and there yours. Offer is open to all inmates.

fazed_ya

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Fazed. I figured it was coming down to that. Any recommendations on heated grips? I know I can get the cheapy wraps for around $35, but I'm willing to go up to $60 for some decent ones...I heard the wraps don't have equal heat distribution.
My buddy runs the wraps and lives them he does complain that they do get over heated in spots and has actually shown me the blisters on his hands to prove i ended up getting a set of acerbis multipro concept hand gaurds and cloudnt be more happy

ste

Surfing the ethernet
Reaction score
Visit site
itll cost more than 60 dollars for decent ones
in the uk the oem ones are £ 239.99

Blur125

Reaction score
Visit site
My buddy runs the wraps and lives them he does complain that they do get over heated in spots and has actually shown me the blisters on his hands to prove i ended up getting a set of acerbis multipro concept hand gaurds and cloudnt be more happy

Ya I don't want to go this route. They're a pain to install and they sound like a pain in general (literally). Hand guards are a little unnecessary in my opinion and don't please me esthetically. Thanks for your input though!