Headlight/Beam Question (no not the usual one)

alanrim

Reaction score
Visit site
You guys with the Fazer, as standard does the headlight remain on when you put the high beam on.

Reason I ask is that electrical diagram suggests it does.

What I would like to do is feed my heated grips from the headlight relay so they are only on when bike started (and saves me fitting an extra relay somewhere). I figure that as I ride the naked and the headlight goes out when the high beam comes on that the lighting circuit can take the extra load as heated grips take less power than the headlight so would be still less power than headlight + high beam on the fazer.

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You guys with the Fazer, as standard does the headlight remain on when you put the high beam on.

Reason I ask is that electrical diagram suggests it does.

What I would like to do is feed my heated grips from the headlight relay so they are only on when bike started (and saves me fitting an extra relay somewhere). I figure that as I ride the naked and the headlight goes out when the high beam comes on that the lighting circuit can take the extra load as heated grips take less power than the headlight so would be still less power than headlight + high beam on the fazer.

Yes, the low-beam (left light) stays on when you flick on the high beam (right light).

:rockon:

alanrim

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, the low-beam (left light) stays on when you flick on the high beam (right light).

:rockon:

Excellent, just what I needed to know, it also means the bike is easily going to cope with the heated grips as it will still be drawing less power than the Fazer.