Has anyone dragged the Center Stand in a corner

FZ6771

Reaction score
Visit site
I getting ready for a track day and I was wondering if any one has ever dragged the center stand in a corner. I've always removed it for track days before but it's a bitch to put back on.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I getting ready for a track day and I was wondering if any one has ever dragged the center stand in a corner. I've always removed it for track days before but it's a bitch to put back on.

Yes and some other parts also. :eek: You'll also eat the side stand :eek:

Actually there's a technique to putting them on and it pretty easy but I forget how I did it. I think what I did was put the spring assembly on first and then while holding it in the up position, I was able to get the bolts in. :D

Last edited:

Jugro

Reaction score
Visit site
Nope, never dragged it, but then again it was the first thing I removed on the bike soooo...
However, I have killed off my sidestand once already, so the centerstand can't be any better.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was told I dragged it and had sparks shooting out the side.

But that wasn't on the FZ6 that was the BMW 650GS with knobby tires and pretty much a fully loaded suitcase on the back haha.

Good times, good times.

/off topic randomness

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, my bike has slid on it's side. The side stand drug, the stator cover, and my pegs drug. No center stand.

Basically if anything other than the pegs drag, you're probably not on the bike anymore.

As for the removal/installation do this. Before you remove the spring, rotate the side stand so the spring is fully extended. Stick pennies in the slots on the spring, then rotate the side stand so the spring would be closed. The pennies will keep the spring held open and it should almost just fall out. Now it should be an easy day to get it back in as it's already held fully extended.

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
Not on this bike. On my Fazer only the little indicators on the pegs have tiny flat rust spots on the very ends.