Hardware Store Camera Mount

stealthyman

Reaction score
Visit site
Using a couple of 2 inch brackets, a crimp ferrule (for guy wires/ropes) and a bolt, I came up with this DIY camera mount. It mounts to the inside bolt just below the windshield. A piece of cord is tied between the mirror and the mount, with one wrap around the top of the camera to keep it stable.

If it works out, I will clean it up and paint it.

Clean it up and paint it now! Looks great from my house!

I'm making a radiator cover for my SV. Found a place here in SD with a great supply of perf metal for exactly what I wanted.

Also your idea will work with a little HD video camera I was thinking of purchasing just for rides with friends. It could mount almost exactly the same way.

DIY is such fun when it works!

Good work! :rockon:

Nicely done! I have one interesting mount idea myself. I'll post up my setup pretty soon :D

I will shoot some video as soon as the weather warms up a bit. We had snow here in the Los Angeles area on Saturday and my favorite mountain roads are closed for now.

The camera feels quite stable so I don't think the wind will be a problem, but it will be subject to whatever is going on with the front end of the bike for bouncing and vibrations. I'm not sure how that will turn out, but I like the idea of shooting video directly, not through the windshield.

Have you had a chance to try it out?? Just curious about the vibrations, I mounted a cheap a&& key fob camera on a bracket attached to the fairing and it didn't like the vibes from the engine at all, but it's not a very robust cam so maybe the one you are using will work great, keep us posted:D

Jerry

Some stickey back velcro and some cable tie sorted me out a few years back on my CBR.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD8kjHCXUu4]YouTube - CBR250RR.wmv[/ame]

Which camera? and did it have image stabilization?

Jerry

Its a camera I had a few years back. I put a camcorder in the storage under the seat and had a bullet lens strapped to the bike. Also had a mic strapped near the exhaust. Everything was recorded to 8mm tape.

Don't use it anymore as I now use POV that records to an SD card.
Home :: V.I.O.

:thumbup:

Back