Handlebars

AcesLA07

Reaction score
Visit site
Think that site has a rear right passenger footpeg assembly? Broke off in my wreck. Which one is the FZ6. I see a YFZ600 option but I think that's the R6, right?

AcesLA07

Reaction score
Visit site
The Yamaha dealership was $41.99! I think I'm gonna just order it from the Ron Ayers site depending on shipping. And the footpeg mount was $100 at the dealership and only $75 at Ron Ayers.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
All Dealers are ripoffs in most cases. I know Beaverton Honda Yamaha has a big markup on everything. If you can find what you need somewhere else you will save money.

krushnuts

Where did I put my keys..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bump. I'm doing it this afternoon. Any tips?

After a crash at brisbane raceway I had to replace my handle bars. I fit the fz1 bars and there's nothing to it, really!

Remove bar ends. Remove the grips, I used a screw driver to 'ease' the lhs grip off, mine was slightly glued onto the fz6 bar. You'll prolly need to loosen the plate (or just remove it) that holds the bars on to give the wires'n cables a bit more slack to play with. Remove the plate and the old bars and perform the reverse with the new FZ1 bars making sure the clutch side controls line up with the hole in the handle bar. There's a little hole about 5" up the bar that will line up with the signal/headlight control unit (or whatever it's called). I used a little hand-grip glue to affix the lhs grip back onto the new bars.

I rotated the bars upwards slightly, making them angle towards the back of the bike and pretty much horizontal with the ground to avoid them hitting the tank at full lock. This was the position I was after anyways. Though this caused the break line to push against the top of the rhs of the triple clamp - I've not noticed any change in braking power because of this.

Also, I found that the stock bar ends from the FZ6 did not fit :( They're so nice and heavy, ~300gms. There is a threaded sleeve that is spot welded inside the stock FZ6 bars. No such sleeve was on the inside of the oem FZ1 bars I was supplied. Apparently the sleeve is fitted at the factory. *sigh* I got some aftermarket bar ends to replace them.

hth