Hall's Gap here I come.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not long now Mikey, and you will be on the "sequel" to this little trip.....

"Hall's Gap, watch out, i got an FZ1 now!" The Roo's will have no chance!

:rockon:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Not long now Mikey, and you will be on the "sequel" to this little trip.....

"Hall's Gap, watch out, i got an FZ1 now!" The Roo's will have no chance!

:rockon:

Louder too. The mongrels will hear me coming now, and hopefully be scared off as I bang it off the limiter in second:eek:...lol. Or if I do it in third, by the time they've figured out it's time to be scared and boing out in font of someone, I'll be sipping a coffee in Hall's Gap:rockon::BLAA:.

No more.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C1_NCwtRoE]YouTube - Fifth Element[/ame]

:thumbup:

Instead maybe install a P.A. system and use this to scare off roos (although it might attract angry kookaburras, and mating koalas..lol:eek::BLAA:)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkhfL0pnMPQ&feature=related"]YouTube - Disturbed - Down With The Sickness (Video) (Explicit)[/ame]

I'm actually considering swagging it down at the spot with the loo's and the signs saying skippy's next 800m (they are not joking either. It's like a skippy shopping mall:eek:)

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think I might have found my accommodation:thumbup:.

Spa, and Wifi. Can post up the day's pictures from the comfort of a nice spa:thumbup:.

:steve: Nudie posting:eek::scared::BLAA:

Edit...

Disclaimer....Mikey would like to encourage folks not to "Go Visual" on this one. Mikey will take no responsibilty for warped minds, and drinking habits.

Last edited:

Rumpole of the Bailey

Reaction score
Visit site
Its a beautiful spot with some good accommodation, a great indigenous centre and.... twisties. Still waiting to get my fizzer going after hitting a roo there.
I also noticed some big roos skipping through the mallee this week, and I reckon my roo shooer on the landcruiser scared them off.
Ride safe and stay off the bush roads at night.
Rumps

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Its a beautiful spot with some good accommodation, a great indigenous centre and.... twisties. Still waiting to get my fizzer going after hitting a roo there.
I also noticed some big roos skipping through the mallee this week, and I reckon my roo shooer on the landcruiser scared them off.
Ride safe and stay off the bush roads at night.
Rumps

I just put 2 roo scarer's on the FZ6 with this very Roo problem in the back blocks of Victoria....The Grampian's are by far the worst though, but normally only a real problem, first light in the morning, and near sunset...

By the way Rumpy, i sent you some pannier rails, 2 sets of - 2 different designs! and your Radiator Guard today!

:thumbup:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Will definitely be careful. Apparently there's been some good fishing near sunset,so I'll have to ride afterdark a little, but I'm in no hurry. Last time I went there I rolled up around midnight after riding through a thunder storm. Lol. Just took it very slow.

@ Jamie. Those pannier rails are gonna end up all over the place. Good onya.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow! What a diiference a bit of water can make. And Crikey! What a difference a lot of water can make:eek:.

A bit of water means all is green, and lush, and all the kangaroos are popping out joey like a paintball auto mag:BLAA:

A lot of water means that all over the place the roads have been damaged, and/or undercut. Landslides, and rockfalls have caused road closures, and on the selfish side of things, have messed up my fishing:rolleyes:.

The reservoirs are so full (good news of course) that the water level is up in the scrub now. Plenty of habitat for the fish in among the trees too.

The problem is that I was planning on catching my first freshwater fish on fly:(.Unfortunately there is no way to cast in such dense scrub, so I had to switch over to bait fishing:spank:.

The one place I possibly could have gotten a clear shot at the water was further down the road, past the road closed signs:Flip:.

Ah well...Some other time....I'll be bringing my Kayak though. Try and stop me then...lol.:rockon:

Anyhow.....a few pics might be in order....

Loaded up, ready to go.

View attachment 33783

View attachment 33784

I left Macca's at Stawell, and strolled back to the servo only to discover Wolfman doing a burnout at the servo:eek:

View attachment 33785

Took this one on my way to go fishing:thumbup:

View attachment 33786

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site