Gutted cat or mid-pipe

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone know of somebody who has gutted the stock mid-pip to act as a aftermarket mid-pipe. I bought 06 mid-pipe and i am in the middle of gutting it, and was going to use that as the mid-pipe. Will this work or is it a waste of time.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i forget who on here it was but someone had a new stye with aftermarket pipes and the cat in tact and she also had an 06 with a gutted cat and thought that the one with the gutted cat felt like it had more power on the butt dyno.

aftermarket cat eliminator is the BEST way to go since it is smooth, but gutting the cat will still allow for a less restricted airflow and therefor allow more power.

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Can't remember where I saw it, but I read somewhere that just gutting the cat could cause "turbulance" in that section of the pipe, dunno how true that is though.
I got a Cat-elim pipe when I got the Leo's, so my pipe is straight.

my idle sucks with the cat eliminator :(

When you say it sucks, is it rough or just lower then before??
You could wind the idle screw up a bit, therefore raise the idle speed.

Or, a bit of a pain, but try getting your throttle bodies sync'ed... Should sort out your idle probs.

:)

Slow

SQUID
Reaction score
Visit site
Can't remember where I saw it, but I read somewhere that just gutting the cat could cause "turbulance" in that section of the pipe, dunno how true that is though.
I got a Cat-elim pipe when I got the Leo's, so my pipe is straight.

When you say it sucks, is it rough or just lower then before??
You could wind the idle screw up a bit, therefore raise the idle speed.

Or, a bit of a pain, but try getting your throttle bodies sync'ed... Should sort out your idle probs.

:)

it's rough, just like most other people who tried the cat eliminator. the idles surges from 900 to 1300 and back. People on here have already tried the TB sync as well as the CO tweak, idle was still messed up.

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
Slow must be talking about me cuz that is where I am at. With the cat elim pipe, idle pulsating. I resynched the throttle bodies and it lessened the pulsating (1100-1300 or so) and have adjusted the CO and no change. Dunno what it is.

SovietRobot

Scourge Of Humanity
Reaction score
Visit site
Slow must be talking about me cuz that is where I am at. With the cat elim pipe, idle pulsating. I resynched the throttle bodies and it lessened the pulsating (1100-1300 or so) and have adjusted the CO and no change. Dunno what it is.

Air Induction System.