Going to look at a 2008 FZ6 tomorrow

vintagecycle

Reaction score
Visit site
So after a brief dance with almost buying a new 2007 FZ6 back in '07 I put the whole FZ6 thing on the back burner after a close friend passed away and I ended up buying his Sportster 1200 from his widow to help her out... Fast forward to 2013 and three bikes later and I find myself in the market for a used bike. I have been eyeing up a 2006 Triumph Tiger and a clean 2008 FZ6 locally.
Both of these bikes are bikes that I have always liked and wanted to own at some point. I know the Tiger will have more power and maybe comfort, but something about the FZ6 with it's better looks (IMO) and somewhat inappropriate motor intrigues me. I also happen to like light bikes that get good MPG and handle well.
The Tiger has a somewhat suspicous history and the FZ6 is a bit steep on price.

Any thoughts?

DBL

Reaction score
Visit site
As somewhat of a newbie to the FZ6, my only advice is to check NADA and Kelly Blue Book values before buying any used vehicle. I paid $3500 for my 2007 FZ6 with just under 12,000 miles on it a few weeks ago and feel like I got a good deal. I found it listed on the Two Wheeled Texans forum where I have always had good luck buying and selling bikes. Trust your gut and go with the bike you will be most happy with. What is the asking price for the FZ6 and is it from a dealer or private seller?

So after a brief dance with almost buying a new 2007 FZ6 back in '07 I put the whole FZ6 thing on the back burner after a close friend passed away and I ended up buying his Sportster 1200 from his widow to help her out... Fast forward to 2013 and three bikes later and I find myself in the market for a used bike. I have been eyeing up a 2006 Triumph Tiger and a clean 2008 FZ6 locally.
Both of these bikes are bikes that I have always liked and wanted to own at some point. I know the Tiger will have more power and maybe comfort, but something about the FZ6 with it's better looks (IMO) and somewhat inappropriate motor intrigues me. I also happen to like light bikes that get good MPG and handle well.
The Tiger has a somewhat suspicous history and the FZ6 is a bit steep on price.

Any thoughts?

vintagecycle

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes private seller on the FZ6, he is asking $4200, bike has 4400 miles. I looked at just about an hour ago, some slight signs of aging such as some fading on the black plastic bits but nothing major. It will need tires.
I just spotted another one on craigslist for the same price but a year older (2007) and it's almost two hours away from me.