Givi topcase installed

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Major props to fellow member fizz_off for hooking me up with his old Givi topcase. I'm not sure what model it is, but it appears to be an E370. Most importantly, it fit on my Yamaha tail rack without any adapter plates, since the case is a Monolock design.

I've attached some pictures of the case installed on my 2004 FZ6, with the Yamaha rail rack.

It's not the prettiest thing on the bike, but it carries my laptop backback much better than strapping it to the rack. Plus, it comes off with the push of a button when it's not needed.

Thanks again to fizz_off!

I'm now thinking of adding some lighting to the case. Anyone have any suggestions?

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Actually, the more that I look at it, I think it's the E470 case instead of the E370 case:

TwistedThrottle.com : Givi E470 Monolock Topcase (ea) - 47 liters/case - Givi E470

b0d0_1.JPG

Either way, thanks again to fizz_off!

(none)

Not even here
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice, i have a E370 on my bike and it can hold most of my crap, i imagine the e470 really holds a bunch of crap. It's really amazing how practical the box makes the bike.

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
Your photos seems familiar (although not the exact same rack/case) - like you I use mine to carry my laptop/lunch etc to work - way easier than strapping down the laptop bag and means I drag a lot less stuff (like helmet, tank bag) when I get to the office.

Last edited:

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Your photos seems familiar (although not the exact same rack/case) - like you I use mine to carry my laptop/lunch etc to work - way easier than strapping down the laptop bag and means I drag a lot less stuff (like helmet, tank bag) when I get to the office.

Ah. Good to see another 2004 Silver, the first and fastest, with the best exhaust installed! :rockon:

I especially like that the stuff I carry doesn't stink like exhaust when I get to work. :)

CDE

Reaction score
Visit site
These are nice cases. My bike came with the monolock top case hardware so I bought a smaller 32L case (Givi). I'm thinking however of buying a bigger one so I can buy a few more groceries, but for day rides, and maybe 2-3 day rides, it would fit most essentials. :rockon:

brad81987

Reaction score
Visit site
These are nice cases. My bike came with the monolock top case hardware so I bought a smaller 32L case (Givi). I'm thinking however of buying a bigger one so I can buy a few more groceries, but for day rides, and maybe 2-3 day rides, it would fit most essentials. :rockon:
I have the large JC Whitney case, not sure of the capacity, I think it's around 42-45, and it's awesome for day trips and overnights, I can get everything I need in it, including rain gear and my netbook :)

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
jrevans what front brakes are those?

That would be the famed R6 fork mod (and those are the R6 calipers). I love mine! Oh, and I love my Givi V46 topcase too, although I only use it to commute to work, never in the twisties anymore (it makes the bike too top-heavy when loaded).

I like that topcase, jrevans! I've actually considered selling my V46 and getting one of the smaller Givi or Shad topcases since I rarely need the space of the 46 liter case.

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
That would be the famed R6 fork mod (and those are the R6 calipers). I love mine! Oh, and I love my Givi V46 topcase too, although I only use it to commute to work, never in the twisties anymore (it makes the bike too top-heavy when loaded).

I like that topcase, jrevans! I've actually considered selling my V46 and getting one of the smaller Givi or Shad topcases since I rarely need the space of the 46 liter case.

As CCH said, those are R6 forks and brakes. Awesome mod! I'm running speigler braided stainless steel lines up front too and they were very nice. I loved how you can adjust the angle of the fittings, unlike other lines that I used on a previous bike.

This E470 seems to be large enough for anything that I could think to use it for. Like CCH said, it can be removed when not needed. Heck I took it off this morning, since I didn't need to transport my laptop today.