Givi Crash Bars...

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone,
It doesn't look like there's a whole lot of info out there on these bars, but judging from the pictures, it looks like if I wanted, I could mount up some awesome foot rests on there to sit in a more relaxed position during long rides.

I'm doing a ton of research on getting my 07 ready for a road trip up the west coast and back. Anything to make my ride more comfortable is going to be money well spent.

Thoughts?

I'm 99% sure that I have seen auxiliary footrests or highway pegs mounted on the Givi bars. If I get a chance I'll see if I can find the thread and post the link.

Highway pegs (or some way to straighten out my legs from time to time) made a huge difference for me on longer rides. After much research, I installed Hepco & Becker engine guards on my FZ6. I was going to install some folding pegs (I even bought a set of the Bikemaster pegs), but did not get around to it before I went on a 3-day trip last year. I found that I could just rest my legs on top of the engine guard bars occasionally, so I decided not to install the pegs. (I'll make you a GREAT deal on them, if you are interested :))

Another huge improvement was my Top Saddlery seat. With the seat, the bars, and a Calsci windscreen, 400+ mile days are no problem.

Lucifer Caitiff

Reaction score
Visit site
are you selling just the pegs or the bars? either way...i may buy something from you

I looked at the TS seat, and heard Corbin was just as good, but there's also a guy in town that makes custom motorcycle seats, supposedly cheaper too...at least shipping wont cost me anything. I need to check him out for sure. I'm not making the trip without a more comfortable seat. A taller windshield is on my list too, I was looking at cee baileys.

I have a laundry list of things im trying to do in the next month or two...I'll start a thread on it once I get a few things accomplished, I don't want it to be one of those "I'd like to...." threads

Last edited:

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
are you selling just the pegs or the bars? either way...i may buy something from you
I love the bars, so only selling the pegs. Here's what they look like:

2005_Bikemaster_Rubber_In-Lay_Footpegs_--.jpg

I looked at the TS seat, and heard Corbin was just as good, but there's also a guy in town that makes custom motorcycle seats, supposedly cheaper too...at least shipping wont cost me anything.

Definitely check him out. You might get a better seat for the same price if you put the shipping cost into the seat instead of into shipping. Local guy might be able to customize it to your needs too.

Lucifer Caitiff

Reaction score
Visit site
Once I get some bars, I'll scope out the pegs. I may get yours depending on what I end up with, but it's going to be one of the last things I get because stock isn't *too* bad if I have a good seat.

I dropped my seat off with the guy. I'll get it back in a few days. $205 to make it the best seat money can buy. I'll start a thread in the touring section once I get it back. The seat is the biggest ticket item on my list of touring mods.

ohgood

Reaction score
Visit site
I love the bars, so only selling the pegs. Here's what they look like:

2005_Bikemaster_Rubber_In-Lay_Footpegs_--.jpg

Definitely check him out. You might get a better seat for the same price if you put the shipping cost into the seat instead of into shipping. Local guy might be able to customize it to your needs too.

how much you want for the pegs ? shipping to 35215 ?

g8anos

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the same crash bar installed on my '05, and I have to say that I don't have any clearance problems whatsoever, not with the drain bolt nor with the oil filter...

They just come of as easy as before ... They did cost me 90e by the way.

Very solid piece! The only minor problem is that they increased the overall vibration of the bike at about 4000 rpm's