Getting more naked...

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm almost finished with the naked conversion on the bike. I finished rebuilding the wiring harness last week, so all I have left is building a bracket for the speedo, replacing the broken mirror, replacing the crankcase cover, and making another fender eliminator for some new turn signals I just bought.

I've got the new crankcase cover already, but I'm not sure if I want to polish the center again or just leave it silver.

naked1.jpg

naked2.jpg

naked3.jpg

The speedo mount is done. I think it might be in the way if I get a fly screen, but it'll do for now.

naked4.jpg

Looks really nice. What kind of headlights are those? They look very similar to the ones I've ordered.

-Nick

I actually took them off and polished them with a buffing wheel on my bench grinder. I just use plain old chrome polish to maintain them.

Sawblade, this looks good! I am actually waiting for parts to do the same thing to my 2005 FZ6-S. I crashed it a few weeks back and am going naked with it. My biggest concern is the speedo - can you detail how you fixed it? I have Dominator lights on order but they look very similar to yours, and mirror mounted indicators. Have no idea how to hook any of this stuff up .......

I bought a FZ6N speedo cup from another member and mounted it in place of the throttle cable hoop on the triple tree using a rivet gun and some flat aluminum bar. It's pretty easy to just make the headlights work, but I spent the better part of the day to rebuild the wiring harness.

speedomount.jpg

bikewiring.jpg

naked5.jpg

Last edited:
They're not shown in the picture. I installed them the day after. :D

Last edited:
Back