Getting more naked...

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm almost finished with the naked conversion on the bike. I finished rebuilding the wiring harness last week, so all I have left is building a bracket for the speedo, replacing the broken mirror, replacing the crankcase cover, and making another fender eliminator for some new turn signals I just bought.

I've got the new crankcase cover already, but I'm not sure if I want to polish the center again or just leave it silver.

naked1.jpg

naked2.jpg

naked3.jpg

Sawblade

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The speedo mount is done. I think it might be in the way if I get a fly screen, but it'll do for now.

naked4.jpg

nlheikki

2009 Buell XB12Scg
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks really nice. What kind of headlights are those? They look very similar to the ones I've ordered.

-Nick

Sawblade

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I actually took them off and polished them with a buffing wheel on my bench grinder. I just use plain old chrome polish to maintain them.

sadiqabsar

Reaction score
Visit site
Sawblade, this looks good! I am actually waiting for parts to do the same thing to my 2005 FZ6-S. I crashed it a few weeks back and am going naked with it. My biggest concern is the speedo - can you detail how you fixed it? I have Dominator lights on order but they look very similar to yours, and mirror mounted indicators. Have no idea how to hook any of this stuff up .......

Sawblade

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a FZ6N speedo cup from another member and mounted it in place of the throttle cable hoop on the triple tree using a rivet gun and some flat aluminum bar. It's pretty easy to just make the headlights work, but I spent the better part of the day to rebuild the wiring harness.

speedomount.jpg

bikewiring.jpg

naked5.jpg

Last edited:

Sawblade

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They're not shown in the picture. I installed them the day after. :D

Last edited: