Genuine Yam Fazer600 lower fairing - anyone interested?

Jonno271

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a pair of Yamaha Fazer600 lower fairings for my bike when it was new 2 months ago. Unfortunately, someone who shall remain nameless (it wasn't me!) dropped my bike whilst handling it outside the house last week :mad::banghead:...

And so the repair bill starts to get bigger and bigger! New bar end, clutch lever, footpeg, mirror and of course lower fairing panel :(...

Now I've had the panel repaired and resprayed by the local bike shops preferred painter and he's done a very nice job. Only problem is the colour match is poor. The fairing is the diamond black colour but this guy reckons you can't get the actual paint from Yam, so his paint supplier mixed and matched the closest car paint. Well basically there's too much metallic flake in it making the panel appear lighter than the rest of the black bits on the bike...

He's offered to take the two fairing panels back to the paint supplier to show them the problem and let them try again. I'm just not convinced that they're going to get it right and if there's more cost involved (the first repaint costing £130) I'm tempted to just bite the bullet and get a new fairing from Yam...

That would leave me with my original fairing set and a new fitting kit, so, if anyone is interested and think they may want to buy it let me know, at least it'll take the sting out of the £450 bill for new ones...

I'm pretty sure a lot of people wouldn't be bothered by, or notice the difference in colour and may be happy fitting them to a either a black or autumn orange (as mine is) Fazer. Either that or they could be painted to match one of the other colours.

PM me if you're interested with an offer and we'll see what happens. Im 99% sure I'm going to get the new ones but please remember it's not 100% definite just yet!

Cheers, Jon.

Jonno271

Reaction score
Visit site
Update on the fairings...

Got the correct paint from RS paints, they say it'll match perfectly. The paint guy is gonna repaint the fairing for free after seeing the bike with both fairings on, he agreed they didn't match...

So...depending on the outcome of the respray, depends whether I sell the fairings on or not. For those of you overseas who've PM'd me about postage, I'll look into it if and when I decide to sell them,

Cheers, Jon.

Iethius

Who?
Reaction score
Visit site
Go to Colorrite.com they make/supply all the paint for the different manufacturers

Nice call, thanks for the link, I have rattle can sprayed my rear fender to see how it would look, Love it, although matching paint will look even better.You can tell in the right light that it is not original, although close.
Thanks, you should post this info, a lot of people might use it.