Garmin nüvi battery recall

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just checked mine... I have a 765T and it isn't on the list. Funny part of this is I've had battery trouble from day one and after several tries to get it replaced under warranty, I gave up because of all the BS I had to put up with. I gave up because I'll never use it on battery any way. Plus, I plan on getting a 660 Zumo or a TomTom Rider 2 in the future. Given this support, I'm leaning in the TomTom harder!

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site
I use my iPhone 4 with Navigon GPS streaming to my Oneal Bluetooth helmet. Works awesome if anyone is thinking of the iPhone 4 with GPS

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just checked mine... I have a 765T and it isn't on the list. Funny part of this is I've had battery trouble from day one and after several tries to get it replaced under warranty, I gave up because of all the BS I had to put up with. I gave up because I'll never use it on battery any way. Plus, I plan on getting a 660 Zumo or a TomTom Rider 2 in the future. Given this support, I'm leaning in the TomTom harder!

You should shoddily wire it up to your bike and brick it. I heard that they will replace it under warranty no questions asked ;)

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I couldn't open the link?

I had a Garmin Nuvi 1200 for my big road trip and it powered off all of a sudden in SF. I had it plugged into my 12v on my bike, which always showed a power light so I knew that it was a hot connection.

I ended up returning the unit in and swapping it out for a Garmin Nuvi 1300 since I had the Best Buy Extended Warranty. I just had to pay the difference.

Two days later, having it plugged into the 12v on the bike, if powered off on me again. But after running into another rider who had a Zumo, I mentioned about my problem and he suggested that I use the actual A/C charger as he had a friend who experienced the same thing. For some odd reason the A/C charger seem to work better than the 12v. Lucky for me, my A/C charger for my phone was the same as my GPS, so back at my hotel, boom it worked.

Odd, now the recall. I can certainly understand why.