Garmin install

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys,

A while back i posted asking for Garmin install pics. One guy helped a lot, but i was wondering if anyone else had any pics of the Garmin installed on their bike. I going to install a Garmin 550 this weekend and am looking for ideas. I don't want to block any of the gauges, so that leaves very little room.

I'll post alot of pics of the install once I'm done.

Last edited:

Gbusch

Reaction score
Visit site
gARMIN

Yo AntMB,

If you do it just as I showed in my pics, you will be able to see all the guages and dash. Place the ball mount on the angled part of the LS handlebar, just above the factory wire tie. The GPS will then align perfectly with the speedo LCD display. I am 5' 7", and I was able to position it there so I could see all the guages and dash, and still use a tank bag.. it works. My pics are in the gallery.

Good luck. Let me know if I can help. I power it with a battery tender lead I already have going to the battery for charging. Just spliced a 2 pole sae connector to the garmin hot and ground wire. Just leave the lead hanging by the throttle cable bracket when not using. Please take it slow when you first start using on the bike. It can be very distracting at first. Use it in the car for awhile first. I also use it on my big Valkyrie. I posted some pics of that install as well. Let me know what you need...

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks man, from the pics is looked like the dash was blocked with the unit. i will give it a shot. I am 6'2'' so it should even be easier for me too see.

Gbusch

Reaction score
Visit site
Garmin Zumo 550 GPS and other mods

Go to pages 2 and 3 in the gallery, and you will see detail of how it looks.

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Gbusch, I will take a look at that. I'm sure it will help in my install. I don't use a Battery tender, so I'll hook it directly to the battery.

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
hey Gbusch mate ... How do you rate the bluetooth headset that you bought ? Saw it on one of your pics and am considering getting one.

Thanks JC

Gbusch

Reaction score
Visit site
Jonac,

Works really well. You get the Nav prompts and the MP3 player right to your helmet speakers. If your cell phone is bluetooth and voice activated, you can take calls directly to your helmet, handsfree. I got the FM rider, so the unit also has an FM radio. Most people tell me they do not even know I am on a bike when I take a call. I had a previous post about how it all works.

Gbusch

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Jonac,

How far are you from Stratford upon Avon? I lived there last year for about 6 months

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Has anybody used one if these brackets off the petrol cap to mount the sat nav?

You can use it for cameras as well.

EVTT168.jpg